We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I want to make a zine about artists and their art. If you may be interested, send me your "biography", so-to-speak. Talk about your art, your favorite medium(s) to use, your muse, if you have sold any art, your website, etc, etc. Feel free to add samples of your art (something that would look okay when printed in b&w) or a photo of yourself. By sending me your work, you are giving me permission to reproduce it in this zine only.

You do not have to be familiar with zines to participate!

Each artist will have 1x 1/2 sized page, portrait layout. (8 1/4" x 5 1/4"; 21cm x 13.5cm - leave a border for photocopying edits) Make up your own page, layout, style, etc.

This is basically free advertisement for you!
Submissions are to be mailed by July 31st.

Message me, when you are ready to mail& I will send along my snail mail address.
If you wanted to send a couple bucks to help with the publishing and sending out copies to all participants, that would be awsome, but not required.

Tags: art, artist, artists, email, help, mediun, muse, photo, samples, submissions, More…wanted, website, zine

Views: 18

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hey, I'd be interested in submitting something. Email me at too_eclectic@hotmail.com

ze
id like in. thanks. do we also get a copy of the zine?
sounds like my kinda thing. So long as I don't get distracted by other projects. You need the stuff sent by snail mail, not by email? I can do that. Probably prefer that way actually. Ok I can make you a page, but it will be on regular letter size printer paper, would that work?
Hi Jenny,

MC and I do a daily webcomic and a zine called ButterSword and we love free advertising. We'd like to contribute to this zine. We will send you an email of what we'd like to submit by Friday and hopefully get your approval and your snail mail address then.
Thanks a lot,
Jen and MC
Hi Jenny,

Would love to participate! What is your address and/or email?
yes, I was hoping to send copies to all participants, if I have the funds to publish and send out. I'll also be selling them in my etsy shop.

mostyn said:
id like in. thanks. do we also get a copy of the zine?
Okay, I think I have replied to everyone with questions....
If not, message me & I'll get back to you asap.

If anyone wanted to send along a couple bucks, with their submission, to help with the publishing costs and well as the postage costs of sending out copies to all participants, that would be awsome, but not required.
Hi Jenny. We finished our submission today. We'd like to email it to you, but don't know your email address. Ours is buttersword@gmail.com
Talk to you soon. ---MC and Jen

I use this image as a representational photo tends to inflame women with passion.

I am a professional artist working on the North East Coast of England. I am self taught but have studied and painted with Alvaro Castagnet (author of "Painting with Passion" and Angus McDonald (finalist of BBC Watercolour Challenge).
I have exhibited along the North East Coast and the Ferrensby Gallery Hull. My work is sold through galleries and appears on web sites both in the UK and America.
I begin most paintings Plein Aire and finish of details in the studio . I feel that this adds a vibrancy and excitement that painting from photos never imparts to the viewer. I work mainly in watercolour but have no problems in adding Gouche/toilet paper or bending any rules to achieve my vision. I will not produce prints as I beleive that anyone buying one of my paintings deserves an original and can be assurred that no otrher exsists. I Paint around the Filey coast and find a challenge in finding original compositions of the boats and coastal views. I sell through galleries and on line. I am fortunate that I sell all I can paint locally to tourists visting this beautiful coast so my work is rarely available apart from my selling outlets.. I also work in pen and ink wash. i also paint in the Lake District and Peak District. the paintings featured here are in private collections but please contact me if you wish to see work available or you have a specific request. Any commision depends on you liking the result otherwise I will simply place it in an outlet.

Email:rodbuckle@gmail.com
Attachments:
Hi jenny
I uploaded a bio and examples of work as requested what happens next ? Do I wait to send until July31st deadline or do I post now or do you simply download what I've already submitted?
Cheers
Rod
Jenny, are you still working on this project? I still want to submit, but wanted to make sure it's still on before I write something and design a page.
YES!!! I'm still looking for submissions!!!

Chantel G. said:
Jenny, are you still working on this project? I still want to submit, but wanted to make sure it's still on before I write something and design a page.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service