We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Call for Submissions Thread - all posts that are calls for submissions go here

In general calls for submission and announcements are to be posted on your blog and the forum is for questions and discussions. However, since people seem to think the forum gets more attention, let's use this thread - and this thread only - for any submissions wanted post.  Feel free to aslo post on your blog. Thanks!

Views: 4458

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Attention writers and artists! This is an open call for submissions for our new project THIS HEART IS HOMEBOUND, a compilation zine on toxic beginnings, non-traditional upbringings, and redefining family. 

The concept for this project is born out of a need expressed by ourselves as well as others in our community, in which we struggle to reconcile the concept of family presented in popular culture with our own "imperfect," non-traditional, or even abusive familial experiences. Moving forward as adults, we also grapple with our own radical notions of what family should be and how to create the support systems that we and our community need. We would like THIS HEART IS HOMEBOUND to be a diverse resource for those of us who are looking for answers to these questions. 

All those who submit to THIS HEART IS HOMEBOUND will receive a free copy of the finished zine!

TOPICS FOR SUBMISSION INCLUDE:
- toxic families (low contact versus no contact, living through abuse, becoming an adult too young, healing relationships, etc.)
- non-traditional upbringings (foster care/adoption experiences, group homes, not being raised by nuclear family, death/incarceration/institutionalization of intimate family members, growing up in cultures/traditions/religions not recognized by the mainstream, etc.)
- redefining family (navigating chosen family, building positive support systems, de-stigmatizing non-mainstream family structures, etc.)
- coping with all of the above

Submissions may include but are not limited to: personal essays, poetry, visual art, comics, non-fiction, etc.

DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS MIDNIGHT ON OCTOBER 15th.

EMAIL ALL SUBMISSIONS TO: thisheartishomebound@gmail.com

For more info, check out our Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1393904284182053/

The Drink Tank (efanzines.com) is looking for submissions for our three issues themed The Movies. The first, The Silents (1894 - 1929) has a deadline of September 10th. The second, Hollywood Finds Its Voice - 1930 to 1960, is October 1st, and the final 1970 to present, is October 15th. We're looking for articles related to movies from those eras, personal stories of how particular movies affected you, art relating to film and films, and movie-related fiction set in those periods would be awesome as well! 

Any word length, any topic, any style. Poetry? Yeah, I'd love some!  

We're also looking for articles specifically on Danish movies for Klaus at Gunpoint (http:/klausatgunpoint.weebly.com) which is Office Supply Publishing's film journal!

All submissions can be sent to journeyplanet@gmail.com

Thanks

Chris

ZINE SUBMISSIONS TO SELL IN INDEPENDENT RECORD STORE

Siren Records - AN INDEPENDENT RECORD STORE SINCE 1988

I haven't posted on here in a while but a lot of cool zine-wise/music-wise stuff has been going on in my life. I've done a few punk rock flea markets recently and just picked up a job at my hometown's record store Siren Records in Doylestown, PA- a train ride away from Philly.

In the past they've had a section for zines on consignment but it has since dwindled and I'd like to renew our showcase for DIY and zines by sending out this announcement and redesigning our set up for zine displays in the shop.

We're interested in all types of zines- especially, music-related, political, cooking, poetry, art etc. I'll be selling my zine series Staircase Wit there too! If you'd be interested in the spirit of DIY & supporting independent record stores (while promoting yer own stuff!) contact me @ staircasewitzine@gmail.com. Please include what's your zine about and pictures of the pages inside would be helpful too!

From there on, I'll give you more info & the next steps in this process.
For the love of DIY-
Laura Lane.

Greetings! I am the editor of Timeless Tales Magazine, a digital publication that specializes in fairy tale and mythology retellings.

Timeless Tales Magazine is currently open for submissions until September 22. The theme is short story retellings of the fairy tale "The Twelve Dancing Princesses". Pay rate is a flat rate of $15 per story accepted. We embrace a wide variety of genres including science fiction. See our website for details: http://www.timelesstalesmagazine.com...missions/c1vmu

No Apologies- A Zine For The Shameless Punks - Are you a photographer, artist, reviewer, political columnist, feminist, movie fanatic or just a flat out music journalist? No Apologies Magazine is looking for you.

Submitting your Writing,  Art, Photography, or Illustrations for NA is easy!

One time submissions:

Send rants, rave, interviews, photos, artwork, or reviews to: tricia.callahan@noapologiesmagazine.com

Within the week you will be notified whether you have been selected to be featured on the blog or zine or both!

Want to be a part of the staff?

Send a short letter why you want to write for NA. Your resume and three published or unpublished articles to tricia.callahan@noapologiesmagazine.com

Check out our website here: http://noapologiesmagazine.com/

Email Sent :)

Laura Lane said:

ZINE SUBMISSIONS TO SELL IN INDEPENDENT RECORD STORE

Siren Records - AN INDEPENDENT RECORD STORE SINCE 1988

I haven't posted on here in a while but a lot of cool zine-wise/music-wise stuff has been going on in my life. I've done a few punk rock flea markets recently and just picked up a job at my hometown's record store Siren Records in Doylestown, PA- a train ride away from Philly.

In the past they've had a section for zines on consignment but it has since dwindled and I'd like to renew our showcase for DIY and zines by sending out this announcement and redesigning our set up for zine displays in the shop.

We're interested in all types of zines- especially, music-related, political, cooking, poetry, art etc. I'll be selling my zine series Staircase Wit there too! If you'd be interested in the spirit of DIY & supporting independent record stores (while promoting yer own stuff!) contact me @ staircasewitzine@gmail.com. Please include what's your zine about and pictures of the pages inside would be helpful too!

From there on, I'll give you more info & the next steps in this process.
For the love of DIY-
Laura Lane.

Call for submissions!

CRUSH ZINE!

B+W

(With some potential for some colour depending on how many submissions I get.)

A5 size

Write, draw, paint, take photos, create collages all about your crush experience!

The heart warming and the heart wrenching.

Soul destroying and the celebrity!

Deadline is Tuesday December 2, 2014

Email Alexandra at undertheinfluencezines@gmail.com

www.facebook.com/undertheinfluencezines

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service