We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Call for Submissions Thread - all posts that are calls for submissions go here

In general calls for submission and announcements are to be posted on your blog and the forum is for questions and discussions. However, since people seem to think the forum gets more attention, let's use this thread - and this thread only - for any submissions wanted post.  Feel free to aslo post on your blog. Thanks!

Views: 4172

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We are a mobile photozine-exhibition,

and we will be on tour from the end of january until july.

We published an OPEN CALL and there are 7 days left to apply,

do not hesitate to send your photobooks and zines, so that we can show them in cultural places, galleries and squats around Europe:

http://www.zinesofthezone.net

My blog posts regular zine submission calls, among other things; take a look and see if any take your fancy :)  http://spillthezines.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/zine%20news

Heather Wreckage said:

Hi,

I make a comic zine called Dreams of Donuts, which is pretty much all about me and my life and punk stuff too.  I'm NOT looking for submissions for that, but I AM interested in submitting to another zine.  The reason I'm posting here, though, is because I have had a hard time finding a zine to submit to.  I would ideally like to submit to a zine that covers topics similar to my own zine: feelings, veganism, collective living, love interests, punk, house shows, mixtapes, etc. I'm also only looking for a print zine to contribute to, not one that is just or part an "ezine".  

If you've got something that sounds good for me, please email me at all4choice@hotmail.com

Thanks, 

Heather Wreckage

SUGARED WATER

http://sugaredwatermagazine.wordpress.com/

Sugared Water is seeking short works for a special edition of letters. We’re looking for works of creative nonfiction, micro or flash fiction, or poetry addressed to someone, be it a lover, friend, public figure, past self, the universe, or the world at large.

We’re looking for the intimate and specific, letters full of evocative language, short, funny notes, or passionate remembrances. These can take the form of poems or prose poems as well as prose pieces. Submit all pieces in one .doc, .docx, or .rtf. Prose forms should not exceed 1,000 words each (you may submit 3 at a time in the prose genres). We will consider up to 5 poems.

Submission link & specifics here: SW: Epistolary.

CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS for a publication exploring CONNECTION

Full Circle Journal is currently looking for submissions from artists, writers, musicians, crafters, makers, and creative types of all kinds for a forthcoming publication exploring CONNECTION in every way, shape and form. Visit our website for more information: www.fullcirclejournal.org.

SUBMISSION GUIDELINES

1.All submissions must be original and previously unpublished. (If you're submitting someone else's work on their behalf, be sure to provide their contact information.
2.Each submission must be accompanied by the title of your piece(s), your name, age, location, astrological sign, a link to your website if you have one, how you heard about us, how your submission(s) relate to CONNECTION, and a short biography. (Make your biography FUN. Tell us about your imaginary friend growing up, or a favorite line of your favorite book, or what food you could eat forever, or where you want to travel, or what your favorite planet is, or about your favorite article of clothing, or what color your toothbrush is.)
3.For collaborative pieces, each person must provide the information above.
4.If you would like to submit a physical piece, please contact us to make arrangements. Of course, after we photograph/scan/document your piece, we'll give it right back (unless you want us to keep it!)
5.There is no limit to the number of submissions you can send. There is no limit to the length of written submissions. For visual submissions, we'd love to see sets or collections of photos, drawings, paintings, etc. so we have plenty to work with, though individual pieces are just as awesome.
6.For written submissions, please refrain from pasting directly into an email; instead, attach a .doc file. Also, handwritten submissions are highly encouraged.
7.For visual submissions, please make sure the image is high resolution and either .jpg, .pdf, .psd, or .ai.

We're looking for anything related to:

-- nostalgia
-- rituals--daily (before bed?), yearly (resolutions?), witchy (full moon?), shrines, tarot card spreads, reading astrology each day, meditation, yoga, putting energy into healing crystals, etc.
-- camping--sitting around a campfire, conversations, telling stories, talking about the universe, making food together, being outdoors, collecting from the forest
-- summer camp--getting-to-know-each other games, camp songs, nightly campfires, skits, writing letters home, cabin bonds, color war, capture the flag
-- moments--planned, unexpected, in appreciation of, reflection on, life changing
-- communication
-- cooking & eating--family recipes, sharing meals together, foraging for ingredients
-- pen pals, passing notes
-- the game M.A.SH.--playing with friends, exploring expectations and the future
-- journaling
-- social media, seeing different views of the same thing
-- getting songs stuck in your head
-- fan clubs
-- the power of innocence--childhood, virginity, adolescence, naivety
-- drugs--their power to revert one back to innocence and youth, rebellion
-- the correlation between the beginning of life and the end
-- how time forges connections--creating them, making them more apparent, etc.
-- scent and its connection to memory and nostalgia
-- senses, sensory deprivation
-- smoking with others--bumming/sharing a cigarette, passing a pipe, naming pipes, sitting in a circle, holding something in your hands and sharing it with others
-- the power of connection and brain-sharing between siblings, friends, partners, etc.
-- exploration (perhaps a fiction story?) of the idea that we might appear in a strangers' dreams, the way strange faces appear in ours.
-- thoughts on NASA shutting down its Shuttle Program
-- quantum physics, the many worlds theory
-- types of time--mythic, micro, quantum, etc.
-- relics--found objects, treasures, hand-me-downs, memorials, remains, tokens, antiques, souvenirs
-- the feeling of holding something ancient in your hands
-- friendship bracelets
-- time capsules
-- folk stories and music
-- what we leave behind
-- energy
-- festivals and concerts--Burning Man, Coachella, seeing your favorite band, etc.
-- reviews of books, music and movies, interviews, podcasts, websites, etc. that lend themselves to connection--from any time period.
-- reviews of/links to any scientific concept or article that lends itself to connection
-- quotes
-- time capsules
-- handwritten submissions--old love letters or other correspondence, recipes, journals, etc.

We're also looking for submissions on the following:

-- illustrations, paintings, drawings, photographs, etc. of your first crushes; IRL, celebrity, or imagined.
-- illustrations, paintings, drawings, photographs, writing, etc. of what you thought sex was before you knew what sex was.
-- personal (however anonymous you'd like them to be) accounts of role-playing as a child--playing doctor or house, acting out genders, sharing secret kisses, sleepovers, exploring/not understanding sex, sexuality and discovery, emulating what we saw on tv, and in books, and from adults, etc.
-- scans, drawings, photographs, etc. of family recipes
-- any type of submission about the 5th time you did something--read a favorite book, were in a relationship, had sex, dreamed the same dream, went on a trip, moved, did drugs, had a religious or spiritual experience, got a new job, etc. (In numerology, the number 5 represents energy, motion, change, travel, adventure, and journey.)

Any format is acceptable--use your imagination: photograph, paint, draw, write, poeticize, design, sing, dance, list, film, record, converse, compose, collage, show, tell, journal, record, print, knit, sew, craft. Be creative!

Get in touch: 
 www.fullcirclejournal.org
 facebook.com/fullcirclejournal
@fullcirclejournal on instagram
@fullcirclejrnl on twitter
 fullcirclejournal.tumblr.com
#fullcirclejournal

Deadline is March 1, 2014.

Seven Eleven Stories is a literary website for stories taking some influence from convenience stores, or convenience store related experiences. We pose this simple challenge for authors:WRITE STORIES WITH THE MENTION OF SEVEN ELEVEN SOMEHOW IN THE TEXT, THEN SUBMIT. Flash fiction (up to around 1000 words) is what we're looking for initially, but any format will be considered

http://www.sevenelevenstories.com/about-seven-eleven-stories.html

I'm looking for original stories, movie reviews, drawings, folklore related to werewolves for Sasquatch 2: Werewolf. Email me if youd like to share. Standard half page format. Zinesbyjenn@gmail.com
"FAKING OUT - a zine about orgasms and (not) keeping them real" is looking for submissions!

Fake orgasms can be a tool, especially for women, to get out of situations they start to feel uncomfortable in. But what else can they be? How do YOU feel about the possibility of faking orgasms? What are your experiences with it? Have you ever faked orgasms yourself? Why? How long did it take you to find out your partner was faking it all this time?

Tell your stories of up to 500 words!
Please send them to spleggzines@gmail.com
Deadline: February 28th
(Submissions can be anonymous)

- - -

You don't have anything to say about this topic but are interested in the zine and want to know when it's out and available? Send an email to spleggzines@gmail.com to be entered the "Faking out"-mailing list (don't worry: no spam, just zine info!)

Plastik Zine is looking for submissions for its february issue.

The Theme is Gender.

We are looking for submissions from folk in a variety of forms including drawings, writings, poems, photgraphs, haikus, doodles, photomontage whatever as long as they fall into these guidelines:

-formatted for A5

-Black and white

-JPG or PSD for images

-DOC or DOCX for writings

Please email submissions to: kieran_milne@hotmail.com with the name of the work, your name or nom de plume and a link to your blog or website or however you want to be represented!

Plastik Zine

https://www.facebook.com/plastikzine

WNHP11: CRIME   read an issue before submitting, then we're 

all on the same page. Additionally, help me out, and ask not 

what this zine can do for you but what you can do for this 

zine.  Can use help with promotion, distribution, editing.

Submissions deadline April 30.  neverhaveparis at gmail.com

AUSTRALIAN & NEW ZEALAND MUSIC FANS!

I’m looking for some Australian and New Zealand contributors to my next zine, Under The Influence: The Antipodean Review. 

It will be a zine filled to the brim with music; reviews, photos, drawing, love letters, bios on bands, musicians and record labels, anything and everything related to Australian and New Zealand bands.

If you are interested in contributing, shoot me a message via the Facebook page below, or my email at alexandraduguid@gmail.com!

https://www.facebook.com/undertheinfluencezines

Hey you guys,

I decided to make my first zine ever. It's going to be called Badewannenoptik which is German and means bath tub optic or bath tub perspective. I want to fill it with drawings from different people which show their bodies taking a bath from their perspektive.

Why?

When you look down at your body, what you see isn’t always the most flattering view on it. That’s ok! Because I think taking this look at yourself is very sexy! Your body can look very differently from every perspektive. But your perspektive on your body is the one that really matters. It’s this realistic and maybe also curious exploration of the own body that I find so interesting!

So I'm looking for people who'd like to submit their drawing for Badewannenoptik-Zine. You don’t have to be an artist. You can think of yourself as an terrible drawer. There is no „technical quality“ expected from your drawings because I think these are subjective categories anyway. Not only the different bodies are interesting to me, but also or even more the different views on them.
You can censor certain genitals by hiding them in a bubble bath, if you like to.

[The original drawing above is not censored of course and the drawings in the zine also won't be censored but I think you aren't allowed to show nudity in ning-networks so ...]

The drawings are going to be published anonymously in the zine (unless you want it otherwise).

You can send your drawings to zersaugt[at]gmx[dot]de

or you can submit to the badewannenoptik-tumblr: http://badewannenoptik.tumblr.com/

Thanks

Hey there. First time zine writer, and essentially looking for submissions! HELP PLEASE.

Essentially I'm doing a zine about crushes at work after totally falling for this girl at my new job I started a month ago. She's the prettiest girl I've ever seen and so far has shown to be quite witty, but 99% of the time I'm around her I often struggle to put together a coherent sentence that isn't total dogshit. Further down the line I totally expect to make an ass of myself and wind up in embarassing/funny/depressing situations. The first thing she said to me was 'I'd shake your hand if mine weren't covered in toffee', so that's certainly a start

So, with my ongoing saga I've decided to try put a zine together of other peoples experiences with crushes in the workplace, hence asking for submissions! It can be anything; happy, sad, heartbreaking, heartwarming, funny, dumb, whatever. You can even do it as a comic if you'd like. Also if goes without saying that if you want to do it anonymously that's fine.

Any questions feel free to PM me or email myworkplacecrush at gmail dot com

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service