We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Call for Submissions Thread - all posts that are calls for submissions go here

In general calls for submission and announcements are to be posted on your blog and the forum is for questions and discussions. However, since people seem to think the forum gets more attention, let's use this thread - and this thread only - for any submissions wanted post.  Feel free to aslo post on your blog. Thanks!

Views: 3830

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am beginning work on a collaborative zine project. Basically, I'm asking for contributors to leave a comment on my blog entry, which I will then turn into a drawing while I ruminate on the phrase or word. Contributors whose submissions are chosen will receive credit for their entry as well as a free copy of the zine, which should be completed by February 2014. 

Collaborative zine project.

Hi,

I make a comic zine called Dreams of Donuts, which is pretty much all about me and my life and punk stuff too.  I'm NOT looking for submissions for that, but I AM interested in submitting to another zine.  The reason I'm posting here, though, is because I have had a hard time finding a zine to submit to.  I would ideally like to submit to a zine that covers topics similar to my own zine: feelings, veganism, collective living, love interests, punk, house shows, mixtapes, etc. I'm also only looking for a print zine to contribute to, not one that is just or part an "ezine".  

If you've got something that sounds good for me, please email me at all4choice@hotmail.com

Thanks, 

Heather Wreckage

If I were to submit lets say a transcript. Could I submit a few short simple ones such as. Person 1: The pope wears Prada Person 2: I thought the devil did or would you like one longer transcript?

James Limm said:

Hey!  Do you intentionally overhear great/weird conversations on the bus and at coffee shops?

WRITE A STORY ABOUT IT.

I have idea for a zine that's in early planning stages and it's tentatively titled "Overheard: Stories from Compulsive Eavesdroppers"

I'm looking for stories/transcripts/comics about real conversations that you've overheard.  People talk about crazy shit (especially out of context) so don't pretend you don't have anything to write about for this!

Once again, this is in early planning stages.  I don't have a distro lined up or anything.  I have access to free printing as long as I don't abuse it too much so it should be a cheap zine if it comes together ($1 for a quarter page booklet seems reasonable to me).  

Email submissions to: yoiks.music@gmail.com

Red Kitty Zine is excited to announce Volume II: Sycorax

From Baba Yaga to Hocus Pocus; from Sycorax to the Salem Witch Trials; we want to hear your take on magic, powerful women, & the craft.

What We’re Looking For: Short fiction, poetry, incantations, essays, opinion, humor, alchemical recipes, illustration, photography, & elemental magic.

For more information and submissions guidelines visit: http://redkittyzine.wordpress.com/submit or email us at redkittyzine@gmail.com.

Deadline for submissions: January 1st, 2014.

img: william cheselden, osteographia, 1733

CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS!

Collide is a compilation zine on the intersection of physical and mental illness.

Issue #1 covered these topics in a broad sense, and how they relate to the intertwining issues of the contributors, including deafness, chronic pain, traumatic brain injuries, arthritis, depression, anxiety, and borderline personality disorder.  

Collide #2: Passing needs your contributions!

• Essays on how one attempts to assimilate or pass as “normal” when dealing with any coexisting physical & mental condition, whether at work, in social situations, or interpersonal relationships
  • "Coming Out" stories, and how you may be prone to reveal one condition or the other depending on it’s visibility or the context.
  • Any other related topics

*also seeking artwork for either the cover or interweaving pages!

Deadline: January 31st

Submit to JC at jennyandthelibrarians@gmail.com

Eggnog: Pro or Con?

Are you pro eggnog? Do you love the creamy, nutmeg-ed Christmas drink? Do you enjoy your eggnog with rum or whiskey? Do you wish eggnog was a year round libation? Then submit a short (100-500 word) explanation, story, poem, or recipe that describes your love for this holiday drink.

Are you anti-eggnog? Do you hate the white semi-set pudding like drink? Do you wish it was outlawed? Do you have stories of imbibing on eggnog only to be sick? Then submit a short (100-500 word) explanation, story, poem, or recipe that describes your hatred for this holiday drink.

Contributors will receive a complementary copy.

Deadline: 20 December 2013

Submit to: wingedsnail99@hotmail.ca

Release: January

The OCADU Zine Library has been built from generous donations from zinesters at OCAD University, in Toronto and worldwide. If you would like to share your zines or have a collection of your own that needs a home, the OCAD Zine Library will happily collect, preserve and share these publications for many years to come.

Please mail donations to: 
Dorothy H. Hoover Library, Zine Collection 
OCAD University 
100 McCaul Street 
Toronto, ON 
M5T 1W1

The Black Queer Adventures is a new zine that will share stories, artwork, interviews, essays, poetry from Black Queer/Trans* people about their experiences related to Blackness, Gender and Sexuality, and other intersectionalities. With themes related to sex,relationships, family and community and the diaspora. Identity Politics, passing and performing, to creating art music and soul enriching activism.Strategies for selfcare and building communities to health tips and recipes.

All contributers that make it in the zine will get a copy of the zine and be accredited in the zine. Contributors should submit work with the name they would like to appear in the zine (which can also be a pseudonym) as well as city/country and any other details they would like to include.
It’s a full colour zine in A5 (half size) format.
Texts should be no more than 4 pages and artwork should also be suitable for black and white printing.
Text can be submitted in any language and where possible may be translated into english.

submissions until 31.January 2014
send submissions to blackqueeradventures(at)gmail.com

http://theblackqueeradventures.wordpress.com

thanks xx

I posted this a few weeks ago.

I extended the deadline to Jan 1

What:

Soupzine is creating its first submission zine for issue #11. 

The Theme is "Moving Out."

I am moving to a new state yet again, and I wanted to create a zine that shares stories about folks who make the big move. This can be any move: across town, for college, to a new state, for a boyfriend/girlfriend, for love, after a break up, to a new country, for work, etc...

Please share stories, artwork, comics, fiction, non-fiction, poetry...about an experience, advice, misadventures, humor, lesson, wisdom, rants, or abstract thoughts you've had with Moving Out.

When:

Jan 1 deadline 

Details:
People whose submissions make it in the zine will receive both a print copy (color cover with b/w pages) and a full color digital PDF.

Zines will be sent out by Jan 1.

How:
This zine will be 11 x 8.5 half fold format. 
Please send submissions to soupzine@yahoo.com

Thanks

Brian

Hey, so I'm looking for submissions to this collaborative zine I edit and write for called PAZ. It's more or less a humor and general interest type magazine. All I'm looking for in article submissions is that they meet the minimum word count of one thousand words and that they be coherent. As far as short stories I'm looking for things with a maximum of about seven thousand words. I'd like for any poems submitted to be less than three pages but I may make exceptions. The most important thing for written submissions is that they be funny.  I'm also looking for art so if anyone wants to submit paintings, drawings, or photographs feel free. 

I'm looking to get the zine out on January 30th. It'll be posted on my blog, website thing: pazmag.wordpress.com. I'll also be emailing a digital copy to contributors and, if they so desire, mailing out printed copies of the issue to them. Email all submissions to ibkirk77@aol.com. Feel free to check out the first two issues of the zine on the blog. 

Thanks guys.

This Is The End

We are going to jump right to the end and do the last Banko Paper ever.

But don`t be sad our aim is to never finish it.

We propose an online zine that will live forever and continue to grow.

All we know is the title ;  “This Is The End”

Now we want to know what springs to your mind, what image do you have in your head ?

Find your pencils,paper,clay,scissors,camera or whatever you need to create ?

We have an open deadline and when we have sufficient work we will publish the first version.

After that the task is to add on more work to the first version and get others involved and just  continue to publish the work you send our way.

send your submissions to;

morten.boynr8@gmail.com

If you still have not seen what we did with Banko Paper Volume 1 just follow this link;

BankoPaperVolume01

Banko/Morten

morten.boynr8@gmail.com

We are a mobile photozine-exhibition,

and we will be on tour from the end of january until july.

We published an OPEN CALL and there are 7 days left to apply,

do not hesitate to send your photobooks and zines, so that we can show them in cultural places, galleries and squats around Europe:

/a>img src=https://scontent-b-cdg.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1385085_621423417901835_281992084_n.jpg>

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Xerography Debt / History Zines

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service