We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

call for submissions -- coffee shop stories

I am working on a project called "Barista Adventures," inspired by my time working at a coffee shop. I am looking for anything to do with coffee shops. Humorous stories, facts about coffee, short fiction, comics, ANYTHING as long as it has to do with coffee shops! :D

Anyone have anything they'd like to share?

Views: 79

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey i used to work at a coffee shop as a barista once for a while back in the days when i was saving money for my distro. I would love to share some of my stories ;)
Thank you, Muhsin! I know that in the several years I have spent as a barista I have heard and seen some crazy things, I look forward to hearing your stories!!! :D
I am in on this one, I've had a string of coffee shop jobs and I have a lot to write about.

Is there a deadline?
I've got a couple of other things I really need to get to press right now, so I'm not sure exactly when I will print... Probably early spring!
sweet! i've gotta couple of stories a-brewin here, lets keep in contact and i'll send 'em your way when i get to writing them down!
i'll contribute. i get forgetful though. i'll write something and send it to ya, but if you got a deadline coming up at any point, give me a nudge and i'll type it out!
I have a couple of stories involving coffee shops. I'll try to get them written down soon.
Man, I ironically don't have any coffee shop stories (ironic because I spend most of the day there)... and the only weird or whatever thing my friends and I --mostly my friends-- do is give weird names at Starbucks barista... like "Constipation" and such... I lead a lame life :P
I am going to email you a piece very soon about the dream I had last night of being a barista.
That's a great story! You should totally write it up in a cute little way or make it into a small comic if you are an artist and submit it to Rhonda. I know when I am reading a zine, I don't expect every single contribution to be an epic tale. Sometimes shorter things are the best parts.

Really, it's a funny story!
Mab said:
The only truly interesting thing that ever happened to me in a coffee shop was the time I accidentally requested the "Italian Dyke" coffee instead of "Italian Dark." *BLUSH* Well, the people working there thought it was funny...oh those Freudian slips. Not much of a story worth printing, but it still makes me giggle, so I thought I'd share. :-P
Ooh, this is something I can dig something up for! Do you want a zined page, or just text? Also, do you need exclusive publishing rights or some such?
I never take the rights to people's stuff, just for one-time use! :D

You can give it to me all laid out already if you wish, it's 1/2 letter size. Or I will take it as text and paste it all together myself, either way! I'm not picky! :P

And Mab, I love your story! Reminds me of the time I said "Reeses Penis Butter Cups" when I was talking to a really hot guy who worked at a candy store... Oops! I turned redder than a cherry jelly bean!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service