We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Attention Fellow Personal Zine Writers

Hey guys,

This might seem like a weird question, and I apologize if it has already been discussed, but I DID search it as best I knew how.

I was wondering, if when you're creating your content, you ever just...wonder why you're doing it at all--'Why should anyone even care what I have to say, or what my experiences are?"

I can't think of any better way to phrase the question, but do you know what I mean? Have you ever thought this way, and has it stopped you, or changed what you do at all? How do you respond to those discouraging voices? 

Thanks!

Views: 362

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Its hard, cuz zines cost money and time, but in the end, even though i want to reach people, I try to focus in on the fact that this is for me, it is my thoughts, my outlet. I think just doing something for the love of it justifies it, even if its hard to kinda justify it in monetary terms or numbers.  I think a good way to get over all the boo and hisses is to just recognize that if someone is against something, it means that thing is valid enough to counter.  Just seeing your master copy get run off is like birthing a little family of your personal angst and ambition and it rules! good luck and if you are ever up to trade, message me!

Well put.

Hurray For Redundance said:

Its hard, cuz zines cost money and time, but in the end, even though i want to reach people, I try to focus in on the fact that this is for me, it is my thoughts, my outlet. I think just doing something for the love of it justifies it, even if its hard to kinda justify it in monetary terms or numbers.  I think a good way to get over all the boo and hisses is to just recognize that if someone is against something, it means that thing is valid enough to counter.  Just seeing your master copy get run off is like birthing a little family of your personal angst and ambition and it rules! good luck and if you are ever up to trade, message me!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service