We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Asking for zine reviews and taking art requests for issue 2. :D

Hello there, I recently finished the first issue of my first every (finished) zine, Squidling is Dancer. It's a perzine that includes a few of my journal entries (even a poem I write when I was like, 12), and three tutorials based around the exerpts that I included. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to write a brief (one paragraph-ish-sized) review of it, I would send them a free issue. Or, we could trade zines (I'm mostly interested in other perzines) and I'll write a review for yours if you'll write one for mine.<3 All, or most of (depending how many I get) the reviews will be published on the back of Issue #2. If you do want to write one, or trade and write eachother's, comment here or on my profile, or e-mail me at SquidithaInk@gmail.com.

Futhermore, I included some of my art in issue one and I would highly enjoy fulfilling people's art requests that I could post in issue two. Some, not very recent, though, of my art can be found at http://squiditha.deviantART.com, and there are some photoes of my art on my profile page slideshow. And I am also willing to do some sketches for others' zines as well, if you'd like submissions. I mostly like drawing mermaids, fairies, your fantasy persona's, and other humanoid things (I'm not that great at drawing animals, sorry).

If you do request art that will be put in my zine, I'm sorry, I'd love to send you a free issue, but I don't have much cash at the moment. The next issue is going to be $1 or $2, depending on how long it ends up to be (cash by mail), or I'd be more than willing to trade for other perzines.

Let me know if you're interested in any of this! (I'm mostly looking for zine reviews, but art requests are also nice.)

Oh, and I forgot to mention, if you write a review, I'll include proper credits (your penname/username/website/whatever), as well as the the name of the zine you write (if you write more than one, I would prefer to publish the title of the one you work on most, or the one that you personally like best). So if you do decide to send me a review, send that information as well. Thanks!

Tags: art, requests, reviewing, zines

Views: 7

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh, and I forgot to mention, if you write a review, I'll include proper credits (your penname/username/website/whatever), as well as the the name of the zine you write (if you write more than one, I would prefer to publish the title of the one you work on most, or the one that you personally like best). So if you do decide to send me a review, send that information as well. Sorry for forgetting to put that in there. And sorry for rambling. D:

Oh, shoot, I just figured out how to edit the discussion/my comment. Sorry, I'm new to this. I'll post this in the original discussion as well. Sorry for confusion. Or something.
I would be glad to review your zine. I don't do a regular zine where I could publish the review, but I could post it on my We Make Zines blog, and I could submit it to Zine World (where I am a regular reviewer.) I would write a standard Zine World format review, 75 words or less.

If you want to trade reviews, I will send you my zine August in Harveyville to review. It is half perzine and half poetry zine. I wrote it after spending a month doing a work exchange residency at a writing/art retreat in rural Kansas.

Let me know if this is the sort of thing you had in mind.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Xerography Debt / History Zines

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service