We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I'm starting to brainstorm issue 5 of my zine Carpe Noctem: Tales from the Dreamside. It's all about dreams- facts, short articles, book reviews and excerpts from my own journals.

Right now for issue 5 I'm thinking of including stuff from other people in a couple of ways:
- Do you try to interpret your dreams? If so, how do you go about it? Do you use a dream dictionary (if yes, which one?), some other book or method, or do you go with "whatever feels right"? Tell me how you unravel your dreams! I want to include a bunch of different approaches, so try to keep your response short and to the point.
- Have you never had a dream interpreted? Curious about what other people might think of it? Contact me and I can send you a little worksheet based on some of the books I've read. Pick a dream and use the worksheet to try and figure out what it might be trying to tell you. I'll include the work in the zine, so other people can get ideas on how to break down their own dreams. The worksheet can be involved, so I'd prefer a short dream- or even a piece of a dream if possible. Including a drawing from the dream is a definite bonus.
- Book reviews are always good too. I stick to books about dreams, dream interpretation, etc.

Write me at Lunarjinx36@yahoo.com and put "Carpe Noctem" in the subject line if you're interested in submitting for issue 5! Check out the past issues here to get an idea of what the zine is like. You get credit and all contributors get a hand-embellished printed copy of the issue sent to you free of charge!

Anybody interested?

Views: 7

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This sounds really interesting. I love dream stuff. I'd love to contribute. If I can think of anything.
would you accept artwork for this sort of project? if so then i would love to contribute!
<3.
Sorry it took so long for me to reply- yes, artwork is fine. I'm really hoping more for people's opinions, but if you just have some art you think might fit, I'll definitely take a look at it. :)

Laci Marie said:
would you accept artwork for this sort of project? if so then i would love to contribute!
<3.
Well, I'm also thinking of taking someone's dream and doing a worksheet interpretation- and I need volunteers! If you'd like to give it a try, just let me know. :)

Little Birds said:
This sounds really interesting. I love dream stuff. I'd love to contribute. If I can think of anything.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service