We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

artsy shit, radical politics and utopias

hi new to this page and looking for more zines with content like the above.. anyone? Thanks!

Views: 9

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Search on etsy.com, or go to one of the many zine distros online. Parcell Press (www.parcellpress.com) and Learning to Leave a Paper Trail (www.papertraildistro.com) are both good resources.
radness thanks.
bibliophile83 said:
Search on etsy.com, or go to one of the many zine distros online. Parcell Press (www.parcellpress.com) and Learning to Leave a Paper Trail (www.papertraildistro.com) are both good resources.
Ah, utopia...Nice place to visit, but I certainly wouldn't want to live there!!

Anyhoo, here's a zine review I did a few months ago about a fine publication that may be right up your alley. Forgive me for recycling my writing, but I am in dire need of sleep. Enjoy!!

The Super Happy Anarcho Fun Pages!
www.tangledwilderness.org

Most political publications (zines or otherwise) are hilariously self-righteous, yet somehow manage to remain humorless and hopelessly naïve, chock full of rants and screeds that are more like sermons than essays. After all, unless you preach to the choir who's gonna read your stuff, right? Well the Super Anarcho Fun Pages are the exception to that rule, mocking and berating the adherents of every conceivable political viewpoint (including their own) using crude comics as the vehicle. That's not to say that the author isn't serious about his beliefs – he reputedly plays accordion on the street to pay for the copies so he can give these things away for free – it's just he's trying to live life according to his strong sense of self-formulated ethics and has little tolerance for those who embrace political participation as they would a fashion trend. It takes a truly dedicated anarchist to tell the rest of the people who label themselves as such that they're full of shit. To the anonymous author: If I wore a hat it would go off to you, my friend.

Copies of all issues (and much more) can be downloaded from the aforementioned website.
oh, i love Super Happy Anarcho Fun Pages - it's the best of injokes.

On the radical politics front, as well as the good suggestions above there's a free monthly 'paper of anarchistic ideas & actions' I help make - it's available to download here.

There was a cool zine about utopias - kind of a build yr own utopia project - made by (maybe only one of?) the kids who did The Wild Oat, from Adelaide, South Australia... perhaps this requires some searching of shelves...
Oh, my, now THAT sounds like my kind of political zine! I have noted much of what you have mentioned, and that is one of my pet peeves.

Dr. Danny Swank said:
Ah, utopia...Nice place to visit, but I certainly wouldn't want to live there!!

Anyhoo, here's a zine review I did a few months ago about a fine publication that may be right up your alley. Forgive me for recycling my writing, but I am in dire need of sleep. Enjoy!!

The Super Happy Anarcho Fun Pages!
www.tangledwilderness.org

Most political publications (zines or otherwise) are hilariously self-righteous, yet somehow manage to remain humorless and hopelessly naïve, chock full of rants and screeds that are more like sermons than essays. After all, unless you preach to the choir who's gonna read your stuff, right? Well the Super Anarcho Fun Pages are the exception to that rule, mocking and berating the adherents of every conceivable political viewpoint (including their own) using crude comics as the vehicle. That's not to say that the author isn't serious about his beliefs – he reputedly plays accordion on the street to pay for the copies so he can give these things away for free – it's just he's trying to live life according to his strong sense of self-formulated ethics and has little tolerance for those who embrace political participation as they would a fashion trend. It takes a truly dedicated anarchist to tell the rest of the people who label themselves as such that they're full of shit. To the anonymous author: If I wore a hat it would go off to you, my friend.

Copies of all issues (and much more) can be downloaded from the aforementioned website.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Xerography Debt / History Zines

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service