We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Does anyone know who is ultimately responsible for the publishing of Cometbus?   I would like to keep Cometbus in the Click Clack Distro catalog but do not want to order from Microcosm.  I know that Last Gasp and AK Press both are carrying the two most recent issues, but just wanted to see if anyone knew if it was actually Last Gasp who is the publisher? 

Views: 189

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you.    I do understand the printer has nothing to do with the publishing.   For as large of print run as Aaron does, i was simply curious if someone was publishing for him.  (Like Last Gasp does for his books).

fluke_fanzine said:

cometbus is generally self-published, like most zines. his last issue was printed by the same guy who does my zine, markley hart at econo press in berkeley...but the printer has nothing to do with publishing.
he told me that he usually gets it done at a printer in chinatown (NYC) but markley told me he did #53. 

NicoleIntrovert said:

Thank you.    I do understand the printer has nothing to do with the publishing.   For as large of print run as Aaron does, i was simply curious if someone was publishing for him.  (Like Last Gasp does for his books).

fluke_fanzine said:

cometbus is generally self-published, like most zines. his last issue was printed by the same guy who does my zine, markley hart at econo press in berkeley...but the printer has nothing to do with publishing.
Nicole, did you ever hear back from Last Gasp? I just emailed Book Thug Nation looking for info. I totally forgot to ask him at the Chicago Zine Fest.
I heard from Last Gasp but their wholesale process seems like way too much hoopla than i am interested in dealing with as a distro.   If I were a bookstore it would make sense.  Guess I'll just have to order my own issue from them and skip out on the distributing.   I may contact Cindy Crabb too when I order the new Doris.  She emailed me a bit ago and said she is going to start wholesaling some zines perhaps Cometbus would be one she'd do.

I got a reply from him through the Book Thug Nation email address. here's what he said:

The rates are different for distributors reselling the mags to stores (50% of cover price), those just doing mailorder (60%), and those just tabling at events and shows (70%). Let me know what sort of operation you're planning to pursue. 
I have issues 51, 52, 53, and 54, plus the Mixed Reviews mini-book. All are $3 cover except issue 54 which is $4. 
Prices are postpaid.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service