We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

anyone ever have a GSA club in their high school?

So, I'm 16 and I'm starting up a Gay-Straight Alliance at my high school. Anyone got any tips on what kinda fun things I can do with the club?

Views: 5

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Have you tried the Gay Straight Alliance Network? http://www.gsanetwork.org/resources/activities.html

They have a lot of info for school groups.
oh yes.
we did a lot of fund raising type events (we made rainbow bracelets, etc) and generally made noise about important dates (like the day of silence), but a lot of the time we just sat around on the couch in our room and giggled and enjoyed feeling like a group. it's a great thing to be starting, good for you :)
You could also collaborate on a zine of your experiences and such or just on general topics of how to be an ally to give to the other folks at school.
i love all these ideas. you guys are great! we wanted to make rainbow bracelets for fundraisers too. and to recruit members, we were gunna pass out suckers with the class room number and club name...and time of course, too. :)
Find your strengths and work with them. In the case of any GSA ever, that would be rainbows. :) I am at a super-conservative uni and I don't think too many people have figured out what the GSA that's been around for 5 years is, but they like that we're always around with bright colours.

My friends and I asked to start a GSA at school, apparently the pope does not approve. (True story, the teachers all thought it was a good idea, but it was a catholic school.)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service