We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I just moved to Oakland from Los Angeles and want to meet people, exchange zines, go to shows, etc.
Anybody know of some distros or rad places around here?
It's a long shot but i figure why not ask?

ALSO, if you want to check my zines out, go to eyetriangle.blogspot.com
they are free. you can print them or browse them online.
or meet up in person if you are in the bay area!
here is the cover to my newest issue!!!

Views: 8

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I grew up in Chicago, but spent my formative years in the bay area before moving to the doom town that is Portland, Oregon. (I love it, but come on, there is no future here! It's a suburb of nowhere pretending to be city.)

Check out City Lights books (and V. Vale's RE/Search office just around the corner) for reading material, and any of Amoeba's or Rasputin's locations for fine music wares.

I'm actually heading back there for a spell before moving on over to Chicago after all these years (like a salmon!), so drop me a line if you need any more hullaballoo about Frisco and its festive suburbs. The Bay Area is fucking fantastic.

California is paradise. If you can afford to live there. And can tolerate the fifty million people who share your space.

Hope I helped.
awesome man. thanks a bunch.
i just started working at rasputin this week and it rules.
i'll check out City Lights too!
thanks!

Dr. Danny Swank said:
I grew up in Chicago, but spent my formative years in the bay area before moving to the doom town that is Portland, Oregon. (I love it, but come on, there is no future here! It's a suburb of nowhere pretending to be city.)

Check out City Lights books (and V. Vale's RE/Search office just around the corner) for reading material, and any of Amoeba's or Rasputin's locations for fine music wares.

I'm actually heading back there for a spell before moving on over to Chicago after all these years (like a salmon!), so drop me a line if you need any more hullaballoo about Frisco and its festive suburbs. The Bay Area is fucking fantastic.

California is paradise. If you can afford to live there. And can tolerate the fifty million people who share your space.

Hope I helped.
I'm not from the bay area..just a fan :) But thought I should point out, I believe there is a WMZ group for bay area zinesters

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service