We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Any Wiccan or Witchcraft related zines out there?

I'd really like to buy some! :)

Views: 117

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i have been searching for the same thing...
actually, i don't know if it's what you're looking for, but i just googled "wiccan zine" and came up with some hits.

i haven't seen it in a while, but there was one called, wiccan candles. i've heard that green egg has started again; it's not specifically wiccan, but it's neopagan and church of all worlds. you could see if they had zine/magazine reviews. if you have a local women's bookstore, you should totally go see what they have. there are a lot of feminist zines that aren't specifically wiccan/pagan but have wiccan/pagan content or are written by wiccans/pagans.

you could also start a wiccan/pagan group here. sometimes the best way to find something you'd like is to start making it and see what other people make in response.
there are dozens of wiccan pdfs online that can be downloaded..., and dozens of wiccan 'fanclubs' too...probably easiest to go to the 'horse's mouth'

Mab said:
I wrote a minizine called Raven about Morrigan from a Pagan perspective. I'm planning a Pagan zine in the future, but I've been so busy...who knows when that will happen, lol. I'll let you know though!
i'm very fond of morrigan. macha, too.

Mab said:
I wrote a minizine called Raven about Morrigan from a Pagan perspective. I'm planning a Pagan zine in the future, but I've been so busy...who knows when that will happen, lol. I'll let you know though!
You know, if the genre is wide open, why not do one yourself? "Spellbook" style, or 'naturecraft' or whatever.
I have been thinking about creating one myself... I have many many books on wicca, witchcraft, spell work, candle magic, color threapy and aromatherapy and have been a follower of wicca for many years.... what is it that you want to see in a wicca or witchcraft related zine? I have been struggling with what content to include if I create one...maybe you could give me some ideas of what you would like to see? It is so exciting to me that there are others out there that would be interested in a zine of this nature!
Not the words actually (since no spell would work identically for someone other than the one who wrote it) but the incorporation of natural things---so much emphasis is placed on candles and bought items, yet the natural world offers so much 'free' at hand.

I've read short bits about people using a loose leaf or dandelion fluff to whispers worries to then release to the wind for instance. Writing on leaves and leaving them. Using a feather stuck into the ground at each corner to delineate the boundaries of your 'home' outside, as the symbolic protection edge. Or the use of copper pennies for that. Or 'reading' fallen leaves or maple seed whirligigs on the sidewalk in fall. Using the reflection of a full moon in a bowl of water outside at night. Recognizing patterns in nature. It's not so much hedgewitch stuff as basic seeing/using of nature.
i wrote a tiny bit about growing up pagan/wiccan in "motor city kitty" #12 (which is currently carried at both marching stars & gimme brains distros.) it's not very long, and i've been meaning to write more about the subject.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service