We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Any interest in a zine review/interview blog?

Being a zinester and a blogger, i am often conflicted as to where to where to publish my content. So today i thought "why not combine the two?"

The advantages of having zine reviews in a blog would be great, as i could easily post pictures/excerpts, and links to distros where people can purchase the zine. I could also do short interviews with zine creators and appreciators. Much like zines, a blog about zines has endless possibilities.

I just wanted to see what other people thought of this.
-Would you be interested in reading a blog about zines?
-Would you submit your zine for review?
-Would you be interested in being interviewed?
-Would you like to contribute as a writer/reviewer?

any feedback on this would be greatly appreciated!

Views: 21

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

that is my thought exactly :)

Shotgun Seamstress said:
I think this is a great idea! You could read about the zine on your blog and then quickly link to a distro (since so many are online) and pick it up!
I read zine review blogs, and would read others, providing they review the sort of zines I'm interested in.

I review zines on my blog too, but I've decided to only review a handful a month rather than every zine I read. That way I don't feel pressured to review everything and it doesn't take up too much time, but I still have the chance to shout out about those zines I have strong opinions on. I know I probably won't get the readership of a blog that only reviews zines and reviews a lot, but I enjoy it and that's what counts!
enjoying what you do is the most important part!

Hannah (Not Lonely Zine) said:
I read zine review blogs, and would read others, providing they review the sort of zines I'm interested in.

I review zines on my blog too, but I've decided to only review a handful a month rather than every zine I read. That way I don't feel pressured to review everything and it doesn't take up too much time, but I still have the chance to shout out about those zines I have strong opinions on. I know I probably won't get the readership of a blog that only reviews zines and reviews a lot, but I enjoy it and that's what counts!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service