We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Amazing Connections on We Make Zines - tell me your story

At the end of this month it will be 3 years since I started We Make Zines. I would love to hear any stories you all have about how WMZ has helped you connect with someone  (or something) special.

Did you find a long lost pen pal on We Make Zines?

Did you meet your bff here?

Did you find a zine you've been looking for forever here?

Did you find people doing zines right in your town?

Did you start a group or event with people you met here?

I love being able to connect people. I suspect there has been some of that on WMZ in the last year. So, please indulge my ego a bit here and let me hear any stories you have of finding a great connection on WMZ.  Thanks!

Views: 905

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I just got this zine in the mail called Out of Time. all original art work. its so good!! 

great, can you link to the person's profile or website?

ive been looking for a good trade community to distro my zine into, if anyone is willing to trade or even just interested in getting one of mine, throw me a request.

There is a group on here just for trades. Look under groups.

I went to a comic shop on one of my routine trips to Chicago, they had a huge zine selection. "ANYONE can print a book!?", I thought to myself. I loved making comics and artwork but I never felt like I was good enough to ever get published in the traditional sense. I was setting up plans for issue #3 of my own zine (which is still hanging in creative limbo, sadly) and I made a call for submissions. Only Karley Bayer was interested enough (thank you, btw), and I wound up being a big art contributor for numerous issues of her zine The Filth

It's so exciting knowing that people are actually seeing my work. I'm still working on personal projects and doing flyer artwork for punk rock shows. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service