We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

All aboard the zine train the the Chicago Zine Fest!

My esteemed Nobody Cares About Your Stupid Zine Podcast co-host, Derek Neuland and I are taking the train to the Chicago Zine Fest. We thought it might be awesome to get some other zine people to hop on along the way!

We are leaving Portland, Oregon on March 22 on the 28 Empire Builder to Chicago and we already have 1 possible accomplice. So, if you are along that train route in Washington, Idaho, Montana, North Dakota, Minnesota, or Wisconsin you should think about joining us!

Any takers?

Views: 20

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm taking the train in from Michigan...Anyone else?
i'll be in chicago for the fest, coming from Pittsburgh. turns out that i can fly there for $20 more than taking the greyhound. i'll be there thursday night until monday morning or afternoon. let's start a roll call!
Mmmm... Very Interestzine...
We can make a comp zine called "Zines on a train!"
i am so into this idea! we can make it on the train and copy it once we get to Chicago and have it ready for tabling on Saturday.

Alex Wrekk said:
We can make a comp zine called "Zines on a train!"
I got my ticket and Derek and I are plotting to do an issue of Nobody Cares About Your Stupid Zine Podcast on the train!
it still throws me off for a second every time you call them issues. hahaha
The Empire Builder is a great train ride!  I've taken it a couple times out to Portland for Stumptown.  It's long, but worth it!  I hope y'all have a ton of fun!  Bring treats.
oh i definitely will! I learned my lesson the first time, the barely have any vegan food on the train.

Neil Brideau said:
The Empire Builder is a great train ride!  I've taken it a couple times out to Portland for Stumptown.  It's long, but worth it!  I hope y'all have a ton of fun!  Bring treats.
thanks to the power of my HTC Incredible tethered to my laptop, I am posting from the Empire Builder en route to Chicago! We are currently crossing the Columbia River, leaving Portland. Our next stop is Vancouver, Washington.
Awesome Derek, have a good time, am looking forward to zines on a train podcast!
Awesome! we recorded a little yesterday, and a little today. We're going to record a little more tomorrow and then release it.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service