We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

This is a discussion thread about ducks. Aren't they nice?

Here is a picture of a duck.

I welcome your contributions on this controversial and much-debated topic. 

Thank you for joining my discussion thread about ducks.

Views: 1671

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just to keep this related to zines, I published a joke about a duck in my zine once. Or maybe it was an absurd joke about television that had a duck as part of the joke. Can't remember. Anyway. Ducks. Zines. Contribute away!

Ducks look like they're wearing dog masks... http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/all-ducks-wear-dog-masks-cg3

my grandpa grew up shooting ducks for food. he worked many years as a mechanic. then retired to carve beautiful wooden ducks... he had some pet ones, protected by a "guard" goose (it kept the bobcats etc away)... about making them he said to his carving class, "you start with a piece of wood, and cut away everything that doesnt look like a duck." he was wonderful. we found some mallard orphans one spring, brought them home and housed them... they loved my tiny pool, and followed me, a lil boy around as mama... they grew up nicely, and we released them, where they joined the other ducks within minutes...

Great story Tim! While travelling on the weekend we came on a country antique shop that were selling a large stuffed duck. I was rather tempted by it. It would have made, er, an interesting table piece and conversation starter for dinner parties with vegan friends.

neato:) well tis true, and ol grandpaw was neato, glad you liked it.. heh, yeah my granny on the other side o the family gave some dinner, Then told me it was duck... i will never eat that again... but man.... ewww i am very happy to have found this community, tis hard to find folks in my area whom i can share anything Zine with, even tho i dont care if i am labeled odd or whatever, just i dont like wasting time if they dont "get" me, or even have the capacity to try;)

TimT said:

Great story Tim! While travelling on the weekend we came on a country antique shop that were selling a large stuffed duck. I was rather tempted by it. It would have made, er, an interesting table piece and conversation starter for dinner parties with vegan friends.

Yesterday I learned that

ducks can be evil when they sit on your head

as you operate the controls of a robot machine

capable of blasting a city into fragments of atomic waste.

some ducks are bad news

Such an important point Zeraph, and so relevant to the concerns we all face today.

I'll take it as a given that if I am operating the controls of a robot machine capable of blasting a city into fragments of atomic waste, that I won't take a duck with me. I might consider taking a dragon. A pterodactyl, even. But not a duck.

PS

Once, when my boyfriend's niece was really little, she got bit by a duck. Looked just like the one in the picture up there. She was being a kid and thought it would be a great idea to try to pet one. The duck gave a loud squack and nipped her pretty good. We all thought it was pretty funny.

Not a duck, though, but someone recently got arrested at a downtown park for strangling a black swan. Some drunk dude thought it would be really funny to pick up a swan by the neck. Unfortunately, the swan suffered a neck fracture. People are stupid sometimes.

One time I was chasing a duck and fell into a pond. It wasn't very fun. I still like ducks though.

Rochelle, that is awful. It is not the first I have heard of a drunken man assaulting a large bird at a public waterway, either. I wish that it were.

The same exact thing happened to me as a little kid! (The getting bitten, that is, not the strangling. That's awful. :/)

Rochelle Fallout said:

Once, when my boyfriend's niece was really little, she got bit by a duck. Looked just like the one in the picture up there. She was being a kid and thought it would be a great idea to try to pet one. The duck gave a loud squack and nipped her pretty good. We all thought it was pretty funny.

Not a duck, though, but someone recently got arrested at a downtown park for strangling a black swan. Some drunk dude thought it would be really funny to pick up a swan by the neck. Unfortunately, the swan suffered a neck fracture. People are stupid sometimes.

Yay, I return from an extended WMZ hiatus and find we are now discussing topics of real importance. Ducks are, obviously, the best thing ever. My zine, Fergus, is named after the pet duck I had back in the late 1990s. Here is a photo of Fergus (the duck) on the back cover of Fergus (the zine, issue 29).

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service