We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

so i remember reading a while ago about a notebook that was passed around to people around the world. each person who received it, filled up a page it in and sent it on to the next person until it was full. then it was sent back to whoever started it and they scanned the pages and posted them online.

would anyone be interested in doing this zine-style? i think it'd be kind of fun. i'd take the first page, send it on til it's full (15-20 people maybe?), the last person sends it back to me, i'll make copies and send them to everyone who participated and anyone else who might want one afterwards.

Views: 47

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Amy said:
oh and with 21 people and if everyone takes 2 weeks it's gonna take 42 weeks... that's like ten months. So please *try* to send it on faster than that.

true trueeeee.....

i'm going to split it into 2 zines instead and then combine them when i get them back. it'll go quicker and save on shipping for those who would've been towards the end of the chain.

i'll get them mailed out tommorow.
this is def something id love to be a part of...
OK! Can you post a list of the order so we know when to expect it?

amandaaaa said:
Amy said:
oh and with 21 people and if everyone takes 2 weeks it's gonna take 42 weeks... that's like ten months. So please *try* to send it on faster than that.

true trueeeee.....

i'm going to split it into 2 zines instead and then combine them when i get them back. it'll go quicker and save on shipping for those who would've been towards the end of the chain.

i'll get them mailed out tommorow.
Maybe you should post a list of who is in the first compilation.
here are the lists for the first 2. i'll be sending them out today.

zine 1:

mark c
amy
derek neuland
kymm
ladypajama
anastasia
billy
christie s
shawna

zine 2:

star blanket river child
adrian fynch
zacery
charlotte lee
iv gomes
megan allore
dearwassily
samantha manchester
Great. Thanks. If these go well and you want to do another one please count me in. Thanks. : )
i'm really excited for this! Thank you so much for organizing it!
so... since i split the group of 20 people into 2 zines, i might as well do a third one too. i've got 4 people right now that missed the cut off earlier. so i can have like, 4 or 5 more people. but i'm finished with this project after that. so no more people and no more zines. at least for now until these 3 zines make their way back to me.

if you want to join this still, the next 4 or 5 people to get their mailing address/email address to me will be in it. send it to ilikethestart @ yahoo.com.
So we write a theme for the next person to do if they want, right?
all 3 zines are sent out now! 28 or so people total.
the first two zines shooould be with the first two people on each chain by now. the third one i just sent out this morning.

i'll let everyone know when i get them back!
I'll drp you a line before I send it to make sure I've got the right address.

Zacery / I'm Not Lion said:
I'm moving house at the end of February, should I email Adrian Finch to tell him where to send it, or will it get here before then?

- Zac
I'm so happy we are actually doing this!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service