We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

so i remember reading a while ago about a notebook that was passed around to people around the world. each person who received it, filled up a page it in and sent it on to the next person until it was full. then it was sent back to whoever started it and they scanned the pages and posted them online.

would anyone be interested in doing this zine-style? i think it'd be kind of fun. i'd take the first page, send it on til it's full (15-20 people maybe?), the last person sends it back to me, i'll make copies and send them to everyone who participated and anyone else who might want one afterwards.

Views: 38

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Billy Da Bunny said:
i will be mailing it out tomorrow!!



amandaaaa said:
Anastasia said:
So I've sent the zine onward! I apologize for taking a little longer than I originally said I would. Luckily Billy (the next person) lives right next to my city, so he should get it pretty quick I hope!

coolcool! it'll be like a race to see which zine gets back to me first (1st or 2nd one). haha.


awesome!

and... yea, the zines were sent out early this year. so adding people to them is long over. but, if we do another one sometime, i'll let you know.
... My mum just got #3 delivered to her house. I'm not doing a page for #3 and I've already done my page for mine (which I think is #2?) so I'm not really sure why I have it... um, can someone give some insight? If someone tells me where it's supposed to be, I can try to get my mum to send it off, but I can't make any guarantees since I don't actually have it.



amandaaaa said:
Amy said:
has it been found though?
the 3rd zine was the one that got lost. i still haven't heard about it. but the new one i started seems to be going well.
star blanket river child said:
... My mum just got #3 delivered to her house. I'm not doing a page for #3 and I've already done my page for mine (which I think is #2?) so I'm not really sure why I have it... um, can someone give some insight? If someone tells me where it's supposed to be, I can try to get my mum to send it off, but I can't make any guarantees since I don't actually have it.



amandaaaa said:
Amy said:
has it been found though?
the 3rd zine was the one that got lost. i still haven't heard about it. but the new one i started seems to be going well.

wow, that's really weird. yea, you were in #2, and i didn't even have your address listed in that one. only your email. did your mom say if there was a return address on the envelope?
there are actually 3 different #3 zines that ive tried to get started. the first one got lost, the second one never seemed to leave the first person on the list, and the third one should actually be on its way back to me (but it's not finished yet).

would your mom mind just sending it back to me? and i'll figure out where it should go. cause i have no idea. lol.
Are any of them done? I remember writing my bit in January. And it's probably terrible.
I'll just try and remember to grab it next time I'm there, because I'm sure she won't remember. All she said was that it was from Florida. I can send it depending on how much it will cost... I'm a bit broke right now and I haven't been doing any mailing. I was pretty surprised to see it! Especially since I moved almost a year ago so I never get mail there anymore haha.


amandaaaa said:
star blanket river child said:
... My mum just got #3 delivered to her house. I'm not doing a page for #3 and I've already done my page for mine (which I think is #2?) so I'm not really sure why I have it... um, can someone give some insight? If someone tells me where it's supposed to be, I can try to get my mum to send it off, but I can't make any guarantees since I don't actually have it.



amandaaaa said:
Amy said:
has it been found though?
the 3rd zine was the one that got lost. i still haven't heard about it. but the new one i started seems to be going well.

wow, that's really weird. yea, you were in #2, and i didn't even have your address listed in that one. only your email. did your mom say if there was a return address on the envelope?
there are actually 3 different #3 zines that ive tried to get started. the first one got lost, the second one never seemed to leave the first person on the list, and the third one should actually be on its way back to me (but it's not finished yet).

would your mom mind just sending it back to me? and i'll figure out where it should go. cause i have no idea. lol.

oh, that's probably the one that was supposed to be coming back to me then. she's in florida. but, i don't know how it ended up going to your old address instead.

do you have paypal? i can send a couple dollars. i feel bad having you mail it when you really had nothing to do with it. lol.

and... to amy: the other 2 are almost done. #1 is with the last person and #2 is with the second to last person.
hey everyone, i got the 2nd zine back. the pages all look awesome! lots of good topics too! thanks to everyone who was part of it.
I'd love to participate! My email is marysuezine@gmail.com if you wanna email me details.

right now we have 3 zines going. i'm not adding any more people until i get these ones back. but i'll let you know if there's another starting later.


Sarah M said:

I'd love to participate! My email is marysuezine@gmail.com if you wanna email me details.

i am on the list for the 3rd zine, i believe. is it still moving along?

also, i moved and have a new address.. who do i give it to?

well... it's sort of not moving anywhere right now. but.. it should be on its way to me soon. if you send me your new address, i can update it in the zine before i send it on to whoever's next. my email is ilikethestart @ yahoo.com. (or if you'd rather have just your email listed in there, that'll work too)
If you're still doing this, I'd love to participate as well. just message me for my email. :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

 

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service