We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

so i remember reading a while ago about a notebook that was passed around to people around the world. each person who received it, filled up a page it in and sent it on to the next person until it was full. then it was sent back to whoever started it and they scanned the pages and posted them online.

would anyone be interested in doing this zine-style? i think it'd be kind of fun. i'd take the first page, send it on til it's full (15-20 people maybe?), the last person sends it back to me, i'll make copies and send them to everyone who participated and anyone else who might want one afterwards.

Views: 45

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If it's only the first person then yeah. If you can't contact her.

Was I on zine 1 or 2?
Amy said:

Was I on zine 1 or 2?

you were on #1.
and yea, it's the first person. if it does get sent on eventually, i can always still add her's in at the end, i guess.
I still have my page, so...

amandaaaa said:
Amy said:

Was I on zine 1 or 2?

you were on #1.
and yea, it's the first person. if it does get sent on eventually, i can always still add her's in at the end, i guess.
yeah set a deadline of sorts and if you don't hear from her then, let's start a new #3 and send it to the 2nd persom first. If she eventually responds, she can always be added at the end of the "line".

amandaaaa said:
Megan Allore said:
I sent zine 2 to Shae in Florida on Friday, July 16. It's still a-movin'!

shae said she received it! zine #2 is almost finished.

Saling Pusa Distro/denisedenies said:
i think im part of zine 3 but havent heard from anyone... does anyone know where it is?

yea, you're on #3 (fourth on the list). #3 and #1 haven't been moving quite as smoothly... #1 is still with person 3 out 8 and #3 we've been having some trouble with. it's apparently still with the first person. she hasn't responded yet to my emails. (the whole story on #3 is that it got lost somewhere between singapore and the uk, so i sent out another one mid june.) last i heard she said it was ready to be sent on, but it doesn't seem like it has been yet. (2nd person on the list hasn't gotten it yet)
what do you guys think? should i start one more and sent it directly to the 2nd person on the list? this one's sooo far behind now.

ps. alice, if you're reading this, let me know what's going with the zine.
and pps. derek, can you keep #1 moving if you haven't already yet?
thanks!
interested!
Anastasia said:
Just wanted to say that I'm still here, although I haven't, uh, gotten a zine yet. Yeah.

chain zine 1 is still (very slowly) making its way though the list...
has it been found though?
Amy said:
has it been found though?
the 3rd zine was the one that got lost. i still haven't heard about it. but the new one i started seems to be going well.

Anastasia said:
Just wanted say that I've got the first zine now and I shall have it off in the mail again by the end of this week, I think. Unfortunately it's midterms right now, so it's rather hectic here until around Thursday. D:
awesome! first 2 are almost done! take your time though... no huge rush or anything.
Anastasia said:
So I've sent the zine onward! I apologize for taking a little longer than I originally said I would. Luckily Billy (the next person) lives right next to my city, so he should get it pretty quick I hope!

coolcool! it'll be like a race to see which zine gets back to me first (1st or 2nd one). haha.
i will be mailing it out tomorrow!!

amandaaaa said:
Anastasia said:
So I've sent the zine onward! I apologize for taking a little longer than I originally said I would. Luckily Billy (the next person) lives right next to my city, so he should get it pretty quick I hope!

coolcool! it'll be like a race to see which zine gets back to me first (1st or 2nd one). haha.
This sounds like a lot of fun!!! Count me in :D

If I don't get a page this go-around, and it's a success, I'd definitely be game for participating in a 'sequel'.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service