We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

so i remember reading a while ago about a notebook that was passed around to people around the world. each person who received it, filled up a page it in and sent it on to the next person until it was full. then it was sent back to whoever started it and they scanned the pages and posted them online.

would anyone be interested in doing this zine-style? i think it'd be kind of fun. i'd take the first page, send it on til it's full (15-20 people maybe?), the last person sends it back to me, i'll make copies and send them to everyone who participated and anyone else who might want one afterwards.

Views: 53

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

as long as the notebook is not too huge (for postage reasons), this could be really, really fun!
oops, i guess you are all filled up... never mind. I'd love to see one when it's completed, tho!

JennyTheArtist said:
as long as the notebook is not too huge (for postage reasons), this could be really, really fun!
hi everybody!
i just mailed zine #2 to Megan in the US this last Monday (may 17th)!
i really need to apologize for keeping it so long, it was way longer than i had planned, but things have been busy around here, and sometimes it gets quite chaotic to keep track of everything that i have going on :s

Gomes / Invicta Distro said:
hello!
just to let you all know that "zine 2" arrived this Tuesday to my mailbox in Portugal, all safe and sound, sent from Charlotte Lee. everyone's pages are so nice & inspiring :)
i'll try not to keep it for more than 2 weeks, and then off to Megan in the USA!
hi everybody!
i just mailed zine #2 to Megan in the US this last Monday (may 17th)! i really need to apologize for keeping it so long, it was way longer than i had planned, but things have been busy around here, and sometimes it gets quite chaotic to keep track of everything that i have going on :s

hello!
just to let you all know that "zine 2" arrived this Tuesday to my mailbox in Portugal, all safe and sound, sent from Charlotte Lee. everyone's pages are so nice & inspiring :)
i'll try not to keep it for more than 2 weeks, and then off to Megan in the USA!

thats alright! zine one looks to be almost finished. i think there are 3 people left on the list.
zine #1 is with derek in portland. (person 3 out of 9).

but... zine #3 seems to have gotten lost in the mail somewhere between singapore and the uk. :(
only one page was filled, so i think i will just try to start another one and everyone just take extra steps to make sure it gets to where it needs to go.
Where's Zine 2?
Amy said:
Where's Zine 2?

oops, i meant to say "zine 2 looks to be almost finished. i think there are 3 people left on the list."
it's on its way to megan in... florida?
yep, that's right Amanda, Zine 2 is on the way to Florida ;)

amandaaaa said:
Amy said:
Where's Zine 2?

oops, i meant to say "zine 2 looks to be almost finished. i think there are 3 people left on the list."
Zine 2 is in Florida! Just received it today! :D

amandaaaa said:
Amy said:
Where's Zine 2?

already?? wow, i thought it would take at least 2 weeks to get there, but it's awesome that it took only one week! i'm happily surprised with my national postal services hahaha. maybe it was so quick because i sent it from a "major" city Post Office and not from my small town's PO, but i dunno, since it was my first time sending something to the US...
on the other hand (and totally off-topic, sorry!) i haven't been getting any mail for almost 2 weeks now so that leaves me less happy with the postal services and worried :s

Megan Allore said:
Zine 2 is in Florida! Just received it today! :D

amandaaaa said:
Amy said:
Where's Zine 2?

I sent zine 2 to Shae in Florida on Friday, July 16. It's still a-movin'!
i think im part of zine 3 but havent heard from anyone... does anyone know where it is?
Megan Allore said:
I sent zine 2 to Shae in Florida on Friday, July 16. It's still a-movin'!

shae said she received it! zine #2 is almost finished.

Saling Pusa Distro/denisedenies said:
i think im part of zine 3 but havent heard from anyone... does anyone know where it is?

yea, you're on #3 (fourth on the list). #3 and #1 haven't been moving quite as smoothly... #1 is still with person 3 out 8 and #3 we've been having some trouble with. it's apparently still with the first person. she hasn't responded yet to my emails. (the whole story on #3 is that it got lost somewhere between singapore and the uk, so i sent out another one mid june.) last i heard she said it was ready to be sent on, but it doesn't seem like it has been yet. (2nd person on the list hasn't gotten it yet)
what do you guys think? should i start one more and sent it directly to the 2nd person on the list? this one's sooo far behind now.

ps. alice, if you're reading this, let me know what's going with the zine.
and pps. derek, can you keep #1 moving if you haven't already yet?
thanks!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service