We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

so i remember reading a while ago about a notebook that was passed around to people around the world. each person who received it, filled up a page it in and sent it on to the next person until it was full. then it was sent back to whoever started it and they scanned the pages and posted them online.

would anyone be interested in doing this zine-style? i think it'd be kind of fun. i'd take the first page, send it on til it's full (15-20 people maybe?), the last person sends it back to me, i'll make copies and send them to everyone who participated and anyone else who might want one afterwards.

Views: 53

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was just coming to post that it was sent on friday. That was fast. Wow.

Derek Neuland said:
I just got the zine from Amy! I'm moving early next week but i will get this done late next week and get it in the mail asap

Amy said:
yep. Now I have to think of something to do with the theme 'improvements.' I'm working on that.
thank you :) glad to hear it's still moving along.

Charlotte Lee said:
Just to let everyone know i have recieved the zine from Zacery. Everyone's pages are really good- Star blanket river child, i particularly liked your page! But yeah, I will do my best to get it sent on within the next week or two.
i would like to participate! I can?
awesome!

Roberto Holanda said:
i would like to participate! I can?

well.. i made the cut off back in december and the 3 zines are making their way around to everyone right now. so, i'm not starting anymore til these ones get back to me. but if there is a 4th or 5th or whatever, sure, you can be part of it.
I just realized... the zine's probably not going to be done until the end of the year :D
Amy said:
I just realized... the zine's probably not going to be done until the end of the year :D

it's possible... lol

and charlotte... cool, thanks for letting us know!
hi Charlotte!
according to the list on page 4, i'm next in the chain, so message me for my address ;-)
cheers!

Charlotte Lee said:
Just to let everyone know that i have finished my page and will be sending it on hopefully by the end of the week. Im really for having it so long (like a month!) but i've just been ridiculously busy..
ohh, i'm a dumb*ss sometimes... i just found an email from last year when i signed up for this, giving Amanda my address. it was so long ago that i totally forgot about it! so now forget my previous reply, sorry! :x
/me stucks her head in a paper-bag an walks away

Charlotte Lee said:
Ummmmn i've already sent it...it didnt say to message you for your address, i just used the one that was given. Is that right?
What number are we on?
it sounds really cool, can I be a part of it?
or the next one, if this is full?
What kind of zine is it, and what type do you make?
hello!
just to let you all know that "zine 2" arrived this Tuesday to my mailbox in Portugal, all safe and sound, sent from Charlotte Lee. everyone's pages are so nice & inspiring :)
i'll try not to keep it for more than 2 weeks, and then off to Megan in the USA!
Gomes / Invicta Distro said:
hello!
just to let you all know that "zine 2" arrived this Tuesday to my mailbox in Portugal, all safe and sound, sent from Charlotte Lee. everyone's pages are so nice & inspiring :)
i'll try not to keep it for more than 2 weeks, and then off to Megan in the USA!

awesome!

so... zine one is at, i'm assuming, person 4 (kymm. derek - did you send it off to her?) out of 9?
and zine 2 is at person 5 (iv gomes) out of 8.
i honestly have no idea where number 3 is at. that one was mostly people who aren't on wemakezines i belieeeeve... i'll have to send out an email soon and check up on it.

can't wait to see everyone's pages!

Race... i made the cutoff at around 28 or so people for the project. so.. no more for the time being til i get these 3 back. buuut, i think if everything goes well, a second group of people would be cool, if you'd want to join in on that.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service