We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

so i remember reading a while ago about a notebook that was passed around to people around the world. each person who received it, filled up a page it in and sent it on to the next person until it was full. then it was sent back to whoever started it and they scanned the pages and posted them online.

would anyone be interested in doing this zine-style? i think it'd be kind of fun. i'd take the first page, send it on til it's full (15-20 people maybe?), the last person sends it back to me, i'll make copies and send them to everyone who participated and anyone else who might want one afterwards.

Views: 43

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Amy said:
Yeah. My box might be a 5 x 8. If I don't get it in the next week, and if it come sback to you I'll send you my home adress, 'k?

wouldn't they keep it still? and let you know to pick it up? (i've never had a po box...)
that's what usually happens

amandaaaa said:
Amy said:
Yeah. My box might be a 5 x 8. If I don't get it in the next week, and if it come sback to you I'll send you my home adress, 'k?

wouldn't they keep it still? and let you know to pick it up? (i've never had a po box...)
ok:) thanks, yeah id sort of guessed the other one had closed but was hoping a new one would start :) thanks for replying :)

amandaaaa said:
pennysweetprincess said:
is there going to be a part 2? id love to take part in it :)

riotgrrrlaz said:
I love this idea! Count me in amandaaaa!!!! Just tell me where to send my address info to.
sorry.. i kinda closed the project off at 28 or so people a couple weeks ago. but, if we start another one, i'll let you know. i'd love to start another one eventually.

if anyone else wants to put together another one with a different theme/idea, feel free!
I don't know what's going on with my box. I'm going down today to talk to them about it. I'm really sorry.

Derek Neuland said:
that's what usually happens

amandaaaa said:
Amy said:

I'm certain that the envelope is being opened and inspected .. They'll send it as soon as they determine there's no subversive content, but that could take a while before they can get to it ..
Uh oh. I'm really sorry about that. What made it look like it's so suspicious?
In retrospect I shouldn't've taped up so thoroughly .. I really made it air and water tight. They're probably blowing it up with robots even as we speak.
At least I have a good scan of my page. May I suggest that everybody participating in this project keep a good scan or a good copy of their contributions, so if the originals get blown up by robots or whatever, we can still put the zine togethe at the end of the line.
thats a good idea. What theme did you give me? Then I can start thinking about it now so I wont have it as long .
Amy said:
thats a good idea. What theme did you give me? Then I can start thinking about it now so I wont have it as long .

"Improvements".
Improvements. Hmm. I have no idea what I'm gonna do with that, so thank sfor the heads up. :D
Mark Campos said:
In retrospect I shouldn't've taped up so thoroughly .. I really made it air and water tight. They're probably blowing it up with robots even as we speak.
At least I have a good scan of my page. May I suggest that everybody participating in this project keep a good scan or a good copy of their contributions, so if the originals get blown up by robots or whatever, we can still put the zine togethe at the end of the line.

haha. robots blowing it up...
but yea. scans are probably a good idea.
i do hope one of you two get it, though.
Yeah if you get it back i'll give you my home adress. I'm really sorry about the whole screwup.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service