We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

so i remember reading a while ago about a notebook that was passed around to people around the world. each person who received it, filled up a page it in and sent it on to the next person until it was full. then it was sent back to whoever started it and they scanned the pages and posted them online.

would anyone be interested in doing this zine-style? i think it'd be kind of fun. i'd take the first page, send it on til it's full (15-20 people maybe?), the last person sends it back to me, i'll make copies and send them to everyone who participated and anyone else who might want one afterwards.

Views: 48

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

is there going to be a part 2? id love to take part in it :)
Oh no! I sent the thing off on the 4th, from myself in Seattle to Amy in Seattle -- the USPS sent it to Jamaica, NY for processing! Amy, did you get it yet?
I love this idea! Count me in amandaaaa!!!! Just tell me where to send my address info to.
*blink* no. That's really weird. There might be something wrong with my box, becuase someone else has had trouble sending me a zine. How long do you think it'll take?

Mark Campos said:
Oh no! I sent the thing off on the 4th, from myself in Seattle to Amy in Seattle -- the USPS sent it to Jamaica, NY for processing! Amy, did you get it yet?
Amy said:
*blink* no. That's really weird. There might be something wrong with my box, becuase someone else has had trouble sending me a zine. How long do you think it'll take?

Mark Campos said:

that is weird. how did you know it went to ny?
did you ever get the zine that they had trouble sending you?
well it was only a couple days ago so yeah. Maybe the package was too big for my PO box or something? Should I give you my home adress?
pennysweetprincess said:
is there going to be a part 2? id love to take part in it :)

riotgrrrlaz said:
I love this idea! Count me in amandaaaa!!!! Just tell me where to send my address info to.
sorry.. i kinda closed the project off at 28 or so people a couple weeks ago. but, if we start another one, i'll let you know. i'd love to start another one eventually.

if anyone else wants to put together another one with a different theme/idea, feel free!
Amanda: I sponged out for the Delivery Confirmation, something I've had to do quite often to track my sent mail. The USPS web site says it went all the way to NY for sorting. As a matter of fact, I did get the APA I was having trouble getting .. it turned up on Monday, and the envelope says it was mailed on August 16 of last year.
Amy: I'm hoping that they'll get it to you in the next week; I will keep checking the delivery confirm. thing.
this is weird. If you get the chain zine back then maybe try sending it to me at home?
i wouldn't think it'd be too big.... it was a liiiitle bigger than 9x6 inches.
yea, i guess wait a little bit longer for it and see if it shows up (to either of you)

thanks for doing the confirmation thing though, mark.
Yeah. My box might be a 5 x 8. If I don't get it in the next week, and if it come sback to you I'll send you my home adress, 'k?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service