We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

so i remember reading a while ago about a notebook that was passed around to people around the world. each person who received it, filled up a page it in and sent it on to the next person until it was full. then it was sent back to whoever started it and they scanned the pages and posted them online.

would anyone be interested in doing this zine-style? i think it'd be kind of fun. i'd take the first page, send it on til it's full (15-20 people maybe?), the last person sends it back to me, i'll make copies and send them to everyone who participated and anyone else who might want one afterwards.

Views: 53

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Amy Steinberg said:
Sorry, I'm confused. Did I get in?

oh crap. i'm sorry! i didn't get you in on the list. i left you a comment on your page with some info, but i guess you didn't see it. i feel bad.

maybe we can do a short one of like, 5 people. then kitty magic, you can be in it too. and then that'll be it for this project.
Just got it today :) I'll try not to keep it for long.
mailed it today!

I really hope people continue to use the envelope if it holds up, I've started decorating it. :)

p.s. amandaaaa, I loved your page! your work is so great.
star blanket river child said:
mailed it today!

I really hope people continue to use the envelope if it holds up, I've started decorating it. :)

oh, awesome. you're quick!
i'm so excited to see what they all end up looking like when they come back!

and amy... i think it'll be cool to do another one eventually. with a different sort of theme. and i'll be sure to get you in it!
haha, yeah, I think it helped to get it right around new years, I was inspired. :) I can't wait to see the whole thing!

amandaaaa said:
star blanket river child said:
mailed it today!

oh, awesome. you're quick!
i'm so excited to see what they all end up looking like when they come back!

and amy... i think it'll be cool to do another one eventually. with a different sort of theme. and i'll be sure to get you in it!
Oh! Decorating the envelope is a good idea. I think I'm next- I'll be very careful when I open it.
No, wait. I'm second on zine #1 not #2. Oh well. If I need a new envelope I'll start decorating that one.
Hi, Mark Campos here. I signed on to this project via Livejournal .. Just letting you know that one of the zines has passed through my hands and is on its way to Amy. Over to you, Amy.
Gotcha. When'd you mail it? And did you give me a theme or should I start thinking?
Just wanted to let everyone know the zine from Star Blanket River Child landed in my inbox today, will hope to have it out again soon! It's coming your way next, Zachary.
awesome, I'm glad my post is finally running smoothly again. thanks for letting me/us know!

Adrian Fynch said:
Just wanted to let everyone know the zine from Star Blanket River Child landed in my inbox today, will hope to have it out again soon! It's coming your way next, Zachary.
cool! this fun to hear about the zines traveling through to everyone!

and amy... mark picked your theme. you can choose it for the next person (if you havent gotten it yet - i put in a list of steps to go through when you get the zine so everyone knows exactly what to do.)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service