We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

so i remember reading a while ago about a notebook that was passed around to people around the world. each person who received it, filled up a page it in and sent it on to the next person until it was full. then it was sent back to whoever started it and they scanned the pages and posted them online.

would anyone be interested in doing this zine-style? i think it'd be kind of fun. i'd take the first page, send it on til it's full (15-20 people maybe?), the last person sends it back to me, i'll make copies and send them to everyone who participated and anyone else who might want one afterwards.

Views: 53

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

email sent :)

amandaaaa said:
Amy said:
'Course! All my zines are in black and white.
i'd love to do color copies, but... that would just end up being to much money i think.
send me an email (ilikethestart@yahoo.com) with your mailing address and whether or not you want it to be on the "people-to-send-this-to" list with the zine. if don't want it listed for everyone, i can just put your email instead.
Amy said:
Maybe you should do 24 because then it can be a quarter zine? Everyone gets a page?

i was going to do quarter sized. but decided on half size. figured it'd give people more room on each page to create.
(sorry, i feel like i'm shooting down all your ideas. haha. i don't mean to. i just sort of had most of it figured out pretty early on.)

iv gomes said:
email sent :)

replied!
oh nos!! not the 24hour zine thing!
i gotta confess: i'm terrified of 24 Hour Zine Challenges!

i haven't even managed to finish the writings for my own perzine project, but i find it easier to write stuff for collab projects, like this chain-zine. if all goes well, it will be my second contributors work i sent out to the world, all thanks to the We Make Zines community...
i try not to get involved into too many projects, though i lurk the forums searching for «call for submissions» posts, because i have a big problem of procrastination. or maybe i'm just a bit lazy hahaha

but, anyway, like i was saying, i'm terrified of the 24h zine thing because i always feel i won't be able to come up with anything within 24 hours. i can't draw to save my life, i'm not that cool as a photographer, i'm just a beginner with collage art, so if there's any talent left (hahaha) it's to write, but i'm afraid to get writer's block!

although, Amy, i feel your idea is interesting for a whole new project! and the zine-making-curious-beginner me feels quite attracted to it. (* whispers*: that's the problem with having too much free time)

Amy said:
Maybe you should do 24 because then it can be a quarter zine? Everyone gets a page?
wait... what? I meant 24 pages.

half zine does sound better. It's just gonna B more in postage. oh well.
Amy said:

yea... i'm a little worried about the postage stuff. i'm going to try to set up the order of the list of people by country and those who don't mind mailing internationally.
oh boy... sorry about that silly reply then, Amy!
i looked at "Maybe you should do 24 because..." and read something more that wasn't even there :s
this just proves i should have gone to sleep a couple of hours ago :x

Amy said:

i'm going to include some "steps" to follow with the zine and a list of things to keep in mind while creating your page.
so far, i have things like...
send it on within 2 weeks.
be careful you stay on only your page.
don't glue anything really thick.
and email the person before you when you receive it.

anyone have any other ideas to add?

Charlotte Lee said:
Just a thought, but i think it would be quite nice if each person emailed the person who previously had it to let them know they recieved it. I know if i was mailing it to a different country, for example, I would be a bit concerned it never made it there!

oh, yea... that's probably a good idea.
So you will put our email address on our page. This is a good idea. Optional of course.
(I realize I missed the cutoff)

Also, why don't you each pay $1.00 toward shipping to the originator...amandaaaa
Why don't we just pay to send it to the next place?

Bethany said:
So you will put our email address on our page. This is a good idea. Optional of course.

Also, why don't you each pay $1.00 toward shipping to the originator...amandaaaa
Amy Steinberg said:
I'm in however it works just let me know.
thanks! Amy
i've cut it at 21 people. but we'll see how this one goes and maybe we can start another one.
Amy said:
Bethany said:

yea. i don't really need any money for shipping. i'm only sending it to one person.
unless you mean for mailing the copies out afterwards. but.. eh. it'll be fine.
Ya. I meant for sending it out to everyone.

amandaaaa said:
Amy Steinberg said:
I'm in however it works just let me know.
thanks! Amy
i've cut it at 21 people. but we'll see how this one goes and maybe we can start another one.
Amy said:
Bethany said:

yea. i don't really need any money for shipping. i'm only sending it to one person.
unless you mean for mailing the copies out afterwards. but.. eh. it'll be fine.
oh and with 21 people and if everyone takes 2 weeks it's gonna take 42 weeks... that's like ten months. So please *try* to send it on faster than that.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service