We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

so i remember reading a while ago about a notebook that was passed around to people around the world. each person who received it, filled up a page it in and sent it on to the next person until it was full. then it was sent back to whoever started it and they scanned the pages and posted them online.

would anyone be interested in doing this zine-style? i think it'd be kind of fun. i'd take the first page, send it on til it's full (15-20 people maybe?), the last person sends it back to me, i'll make copies and send them to everyone who participated and anyone else who might want one afterwards.

Views: 38

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ok. 10 now. i'll get some guidelines and stuff together soon about how it will all work out.
and... i'm not lion/zacery has disapeared?

Samantha Manchester said:
I'd definitely like to be included, too, if there's still room. :)
yea. there's still room. i think 15 or so is a good number.

iv gomes said:
ooh, i guess i forgot to say:
"count me in too!" :D
ok, cool. i had you counted as the .5 earlier. haha.
he disappeared then reappeared to say he was... disappearing for a while.
so, yes.
I'd like to take part, if I may.
ok, i've got 19 people so far from here and on the zine_scene community on livejournal. sooo... i think i'm going to close the "sign up" or whatever. knowing there's going to be a lot of gluing stuff on the pages, i don't want the zine getting toooo thick when sending. (if there's more people who want to join, maybe we can start a second one too?)

i'm going to include a page inside the zine with a list of everyone's mailing addresses on it so we all know where to send it on to after receiving it. if you don't want your address available to everyone, let me know and i'll just list your email and the person before you can contact you to find out where to send it next.
SO, if you still want to for sure be a part of this, either send me an email (include your wemakezines username) to ilikethestart @ yahoo.com or post your email on here.

remember though...
everyone will have to keep this going at a decent pace. let's say you should send the book on to the next person no later than 2 weeks after you receive it to avoid it getting stuck somewhere along the way.
you also must be able to pay for the postage to send it on. we're going to have people from multiple countries in on this.
Yeah it does. You'd have to link to wherever you post teh pages. Or you could make a print zine out of it.

Billy Da Bunny said:
this sounds rad! send it to me!

i tried to do this once, and started 10 different ones, and never got any of them back. booooo!!! but this time let's make it happen. i'm stoked! the theme idea is awesome!
i think i'll do both. although, the print zine will probably be black and white. did you still want a page in it?

Amy said:
Yeah it does. You'd have to link to wherever you post teh pages. Or you could make a print zine out of it.

Billy Da Bunny said:
this sounds rad! send it to me!

i tried to do this once, and started 10 different ones, and never got any of them back. booooo!!! but this time let's make it happen. i'm stoked! the theme idea is awesome!
'Course! All my zines are in black and white.
Amy said:
'Course! All my zines are in black and white.
i'd love to do color copies, but... that would just end up being to much money i think.
send me an email (ilikethestart@yahoo.com) with your mailing address and whether or not you want it to be on the "people-to-send-this-to" list with the zine. if don't want it listed for everyone, i can just put your email instead.
Questions
Did you decide if there is or isn't a theme? Sorry if I missed it in reading. I'd rather it doesn't have restrictions like a theme. I want to participate either way though.
Or you could do it so one person writes a piece and then other people write something that relates, like a response.
Bethany said:
Questions
Did you decide if there is or isn't a theme? Sorry if I missed it in reading. I'd rather it doesn't have restrictions like a theme. I want to participate either way though.

i guess it's been decided that each person will pick the theme for the next person's page. althoughhh, i'm going to make it optional. so... if you aren't really into whatever they might've chosen, you can do something you want instead.

we've reached 21 people though for this. sooo, i've kind of cut it off there. i don't want the zine getting too thick to send. but, if anyone drops out if it, i'll let you know and you can join in (i've still got a few more people to get addresses from). or else if enough extra people want to do this, we could possibly start a second one too.

Amy said:
Or you could do it so one person writes a piece and then other people write something that relates, like a response.

that would be a kind of cool idea too. not everyone's necessarily going to be writing though...
but that could be a good idea for a whole nother project!
Maybe you should do 24 because then it can be a quarter zine? Everyone gets a page?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service