We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

so i remember reading a while ago about a notebook that was passed around to people around the world. each person who received it, filled up a page it in and sent it on to the next person until it was full. then it was sent back to whoever started it and they scanned the pages and posted them online.

would anyone be interested in doing this zine-style? i think it'd be kind of fun. i'd take the first page, send it on til it's full (15-20 people maybe?), the last person sends it back to me, i'll make copies and send them to everyone who participated and anyone else who might want one afterwards.

Views: 48

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

definitely :)
oh aaawesome! glad to see people would like to be a part of it. i'll leave this open for a few days or something and see how many others i can get.

Adam Icarus said:
If you're thinking about scanning and reprinting it, and you're worried about people making a mistake while writing their page, you may want to float loose leaf pages around, so you can scan them later and not have anyone else's work affected by anyone else's mistakes.
i'll probably put together a booklet of folded 8.5x11 inch pieces of paper, something a little thicker though-maybe drawing paper, but just leave them loose (if that's what you meant). and everyone will get one page half-sized.

Anastasia said:
That sounds awesome! Would it have a theme?
i don't know. i was just thinking anything goes. unless somebody has a theme they think might be cool and want to share.
this sound like quite an interesting project, i really needed some fresh air ;-)
i'd like to join, no commitments yet, i'm still waiting to see more replies, but it looks promising!

amandaaaa said:
oh aaawesome! glad to see people would like to be a part of it. i'll leave this open for a few days or something and see how many others i can get.
Adam Icarus said:
If you're thinking about scanning and reprinting it, and you're worried about people making a mistake while writing their page, you may want to float loose leaf pages around, so you can scan them later and not have anyone else's work affected by anyone else's mistakes.
i'll probably put together a booklet of folded 8.5x11 inch pieces of paper, something a little thicker though-maybe drawing paper, but just leave them loose (if that's what you meant). and everyone will get one page half-sized.

Anastasia said:
That sounds awesome! Would it have a theme?
i don't know. i was just thinking anything goes. unless somebody has a theme they think might be cool and want to share.
yeah, the theme issue was a big doubt for me to decide to join or not, but i think you just came up with a good idea for that!
it's probably a stupid question :-x but the themes aren't supposed to be repeated by different persons, right? each person, a different/new theme?

I'm Not Lion / Zacery said:
Maybe the person before the next could decide the next theme, for instance:
- Amanda writes something on whatever she likes, decides the next theme is 'love' - SBRC writes something about love, and decides the next theme is "vacations"
- Adam Icarus writes something about a vacation, and decides the next theme is "pets"
- Anastacia writes something about pets, decides the next theme is "favorite movies"
- Zac writes about Wrong Turn 2, decides the next theme is "prejudice"

and so on and so forth
iv gomes said:
yeah, the theme issue was a big doubt for me to decide to join or not, but i think you just came up with a good idea for that!
it's probably a stupid question :-x but the themes aren't supposed to be repeated by different persons, right? each person, a different/new theme?

I'm Not Lion / Zacery said:
Maybe the person before the next could decide the next theme, for instance:
- Amanda writes something on whatever she likes, decides the next theme is 'love' - SBRC writes something about love, and decides the next theme is "vacations"
- Adam Icarus writes something about a vacation, and decides the next theme is "pets"
- Anastacia writes something about pets, decides the next theme is "favorite movies"
- Zac writes about Wrong Turn 2, decides the next theme is "prejudice"

and so on and so forth

i think this is a good idea too! and yea.. i think we should make sure there is one page for each topic.
Count me in!
Count me in!
That would be cool. I'm in.
this sounds rad! send it to me!

i tried to do this once, and started 10 different ones, and never got any of them back. booooo!!! but this time let's make it happen. i'm stoked! the theme idea is awesome!
awesomeeee. so we have like, 8.5 people so far.
i might post this over on livejournal in case theres anyone there who doesn't come here.

Billy Da Bunny said:
this sounds rad! send it to me!

i tried to do this once, and started 10 different ones, and never got any of them back. booooo!!! but this time let's make it happen. i'm stoked! the theme idea is awesome!

yea, i'm going to have to trust everyone to keep it going!
I am definitely in!
ooh, i guess i forgot to say:
"count me in too!" :D

so now we might need some more info about how this is going to happen, some sort of guidelines? or maybe that's just me, cause i'm always questioning everything and over-analyzing things :p sorry, it's my first chain project thing!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service