We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Now for the stupid question of the moment. When I was publishing the print version of my Zine Solar System zine, I often offered full-page ad space for $5. But Zine World, if I remember correctly, offers full-page ads for $130. ZSS rarely got any buyers for full-page ads, yet Zine World gets buyers for their full-page ads all the time. Now my stupid question of the moment: Why would people reject the cheap $5 ad space and accept the expensive $130 ad space?

Views: 3

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree - it is the readership that an ad buyer is looking for therefore it would be easy to assume that Zine World's worldwide audience is who ad buyers are hoping to reach.

Elizabeth Rockett - Riot-GRRRLife Zine said:
Well Zine World probably has a higher reader base. Hence the ad yr paying for will be seen by way more people.
I'll just repeat it again. Zine World is HUGE. :)

Not to mention, some people who are familiar with Zine World who place ads in it, put the ads in not only to promote their own project but in support of Zine World, which i think is a much needed publication.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service