We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Is anyone planning on trying the 24 Hour Zine Challenge during the month of July? It's less than a week away, and I haven't seen any chatter about it on here as of yet.

I did it last year and was very pleased with the results! And, it really is a creative rush, especially those final few hours. So I might just do it again!

Views: 38

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There isn't a specified day for it, it's simply any 24 hour span in July from what I understand. The project just needs to be completed within 24 hours in July to qualify. Whichever day works for you.

riotgrrrlaz said:
I think I would be interested in participating this year. Do you know what day it supposed to occur?
I've signed up to do it this year!
I haven't done one since my bento zine, and I think this is the perfect excuse to get all the junk that's been on my mind lately out in zine form.
Mine is done and on it's way in. I had so much fun doing it and I'll definitely be repeating the project for years to come!
I finished with an hour to spare, and still got a full night's sleep! I posted updates throughout the process at my Tumblr. I'm actually really proud of this zine!

Loved how you did updates on your Tumblr.. that looks like an awesome zine.

Glad you like it! I'd love to trade 24-hour zines with you when you do yours (and that goes for everyone else in this discussion)!
Hi there. I'm interested in doing this
 where can I find the details?

Thx!

I did it this weekend and it was a lot of fun (even with the last minute copier issues and me being horribly teary and emotional after being awake for over 24 hours without sleep)

Will post some photos of how mine turned out soon.

Oh boy. I'm in the middle of this, and freaking out slightly. I'm doing an alphabet zine and... erm... sort of didn't realise how many letters there are in the alphabet. This is a minizine so there's no way it's going to be 24 pages. Right now it's more like 30. Have I disqualified myself?
I was under the impression that it had to be at least 24 pages... I think you're good as long as you can finish!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service