We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I don't know what made me think of it, but my first zine experience was writing for my friends' Morrissey fanzine in high school. Does anyone make "fanzines" dedicated to a specific musician or filmmaker or media person anymore? Just curious.

xoM

Tags: Morrissey, fanzine

Views: 25

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

when i was in high school me and my friend made a manic street preachers fanzine, i dont think we ever printed it though. i'd love to see it now. i think at that age i thought a fanzine was always about making a magazine about your favourite band/whatever.
I wanna make one! But I haven't gotten around to it yet.
i have had one in the works for some time, but have never thought about making it available for people to buy.
my still in progress "fanzine" is all about adam and the ants/adam ant.
My friend and I made a fanzine for our friends' band (Warhammer 48k) for them to take on tour. I ended up doing a second issue later. Unfortunately I didn't think of the awesome title (The Hamwarmer) until the second issue.

It was all based on Star Magazine and what we assumed Tiger Beat was like, so I was drawing lots of tiny hearts around every picture and we wrote a lot about how they were hot. And my friend did a section about "What they're really like" and took photos of them at the grocery store and stuff. It was a really fun deconstruction of celebrity worship, because we were just making fun of our friends in the format of a celebrity magazine.
Hey Milo I would like to see your zine...can we swap? Im in London
not a lot of 'fanzines' any more, which is a shame. obsession is so cool. there are a few harry potter fanzines out there.

lately i've really been considering a Star Trek fanzine, and this thread is sort of motivating me.... hmmm.....
I made a fanzine about the UK pop band 'Busted' when I was 13, but I only showed it to my closest friends. Oh, the shame.
that's how it all started so many years ago.. my sis and i made fanzines about Marc Almond and related bands like Foetus, Cave, Lydia Lunch.. wayy back in the day..
and btw jethrobot: adam ant was my first obsession.. :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service