We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

It's not technically a zine... but I'm sure a load of you read it and subscribe to it... Bitch magazine needs to find $40,000 by October 15th or will die (as far as my limited understanding goes)... and that would be terribly, terribly sad as so many independent magazines have closed recently. I have no idea how the publishing world works, but yes, I thought some of you might like to know.

Info and a cute video on the site: http://www.bitchmagazine.org/

Hope this post is allowed...

Views: 26

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

NicoleIntrovert said:
My other thought was this... if they need $40k for THIS issue... what happens for NEXT issue?

My guess is that, knowing magazines are usually planned months in advance, they probably had the content for the next issue largely ready to go & just needed money for printing costs.

It sounds like they're planning to continue as a "feminist media analysis" organization in some form & are just debating if there's even going to be a print magazine anymore. Same story is going on all over print media these days -- where i work our bi-weekly staff newspaper recently ceased printing on paper & has gone completely online. Easier to finance an online-only publication than a print one.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service