We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Hello :) I've just joined today, came about this website while looking for information on how to assemble a zine once all the parts have been drawn.

I wanted to know if there is some kind of computer program where I can create a book, layout and all, then print it. I've searched all the document types, but I couldn't find anything double sided.

It's A5. Thanks so much, really appreciate help on this one.

Views: 26831

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Holy Shit bro! thanks for making this. You even had your pages laid out right for odd and even printing on a one side machine.. You have no idea how many people fuck that up. This looks like a great general guidebook and I'm so glad it printed off fine the first time. 

Milo said:

Several years ago I made a "booklet" for work (it's not a zine, right *wink*) called "Layout for Non-designers". It was made specifically for the students/instructors and focuses a little on Quark XPress. The overall concepts, however, may be a good guide. Emma, in your case take a look at page 6. It explains my zinester math to doing layout.

It's uploaded as a PDF file, and can be printed 2-sided and stapled.

xoMilo

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

The Word Distribution

Olympia Zine Fest!

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2015   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service