We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Going Postal -> Want to start a mail art exchange?

After 2 months of traveling I finally have an address and a mailbox. I also have a stack of 1970s McCall's Needlework & Crafts magazines that make ideal envelopes, after page upon page of crochet jumpsuit wearing models are torn out, folded, and adorned with a stamp leftover from Christmas.

Now, I could send away for magazine subscriptions and stand on the doorstep once a month, salivating over the mail carrier's appearance with the latest copy of Cabinet. But I'd rather be surprised by something handmade from you, in exchange for something cut-and-pasted from me.

Any takers?

**And for more on mail art, check out this essay by former Utne Reader librarian and mail art aficionado Chris Dodge.

Tags: Art, Mail

Views: 164

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'd also be interested. Please anyone send me mail art and I'll reply with art of my own.

ladypajama
po box 9354
missoula, mt 59807
this sounds pretty cool i like sending & recieving mail art my address is
P.J Segrott
41 Moana st
Woy Woy 2256
NSW, Australia
i'll reply to anyone who sends to me cheers phil
hey would it be ok to send you some of my mail art?

Chantel G. said:
Am I too late to get in on this? I love mail and I love being crafty and creative.

I was so lucky to be sent one of Sailor's postcards. It is soooooo lovely.

Anyway, anyone who sends me something will get something neat-o in return.

My address is this

Chantel G.
PO Box 1483
Lawrence, KS 66044

This is a good way to get myself to create! Thanks!
Oh, I got a message from you saying you were sending me something. Yippee! Can't wait! And I know what I want to send to you in return. Sorry I didn't reply to this post sooner. I need to remember to check forums more often.

japhy zine said:
hey would it be ok to send you some of my mail art?

Chantel G. said:
Am I too late to get in on this? I love mail and I love being crafty and creative.

I was so lucky to be sent one of Sailor's postcards. It is soooooo lovely.

Anyway, anyone who sends me something will get something neat-o in return.

My address is this

Chantel G.
PO Box 1483
Lawrence, KS 66044

This is a good way to get myself to create! Thanks!
I joined sendsomething.net recently. It does seem fun. I found a couple people into poetry, so I am going to send my poetry zine to them. I like the gift economy aspect of the project. It will be exciting if I some day get something from a stranger.

Grrrl Zines A-Go-Go said:
Along the same lines, I joined sendsomething.net.
I wish more people would join! It seems fun! http://www.sendsomething.net/hello/view?user_id=930
I'd love to do this! my address is 41 Toorbul street, Bongaree, Queensland, 4507,Australia.
Count me in! I love sending and receving things !
My emails rebekkah--ess@hotmail.co.uk, email me for my address if you wanna start a mail art exchange.
I'd love to do something with mail art. Please comment on my page, or send me a message... that goes for anyone who's interested!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service