We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I'm getting nothing but weight loss adverts at the side, which made me laugh. I don't think this is the right crowd for preying on people's neuroses about the unwashboardlikeness of their stomachs hah.

Views: 6

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There's actually a for real poetry contest focused on those books that accept terrible submissions, tell the authors that they rock, then try to get the authors to buy really over priced books.

Here's the info:

Wergle Flomp Humor Poetry Contest - No Fee
Online Submission Deadline: April 1, 2009

Winning Writers invites you to enter the eighth annual Wergle Flomp Humor Poetry Contest, called "famous" by Writer's Digest. Fifteen cash prizes totaling $3,336.40 will be awarded, including a top prize of $1,359. There is no fee to enter. Judge: Jendi Reiter. See the complete guidelines and past winners:

http://www.winningw riters.com/ contests/ wergle/we_ guidelines. php

The past winning poems are pretty hilarious.

I really need to get on writing something for this contest.

NicoleIntrovert said:
if i was 12... i would be all over that. Hahahaha... i always sent my "poetry" into those magazine ads... where you could get "published" then had to buy the book for like $50.

Emma Jane Falconer said:
Now it's offering me a chance to get my poetry published for a low low fee! Wow, what an opportunity. Better give up this whole zine thing, and get writing some atrocious poetry, and save up for the publication fees, eh?
Ermmm.
-sees no ads at all-
:D
Patrick Golden said:
Ermmm.
-sees no ads at all-
:D

It's gone for me as well. Wow! How will I find out about that poetry contest and all those free adverts?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service