We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I am curious about what kind of comics the other folks do in this group!

What kind of comics do you make? Do you have a running series, or strip?
What are your thoughts on main stream vs DIY comics?

I do Threat N Ink, a DIY collaboration of art and comics. It is contributor driven, and while at time it seems hard to find new artists or artists that will consistently contribute, every issue seems to surpass the last. Currently I am on issue #3 with #4 on the way shortly. (#4 is the Illustrated Songs issue, and if ANYONE would like to contribute, please get in touch as I still need some more artists/comics)

Some of the strips I have done for Threat N Ink are:
F-Man and Jajo (all about a super hero and his monkey)
Bad Deer (about the worst deer in the world)
Otis and Enos (a strip about past family members)
The Metal Years ( a strip about my youth as a teenage hessian)
and more!

I have also done Banzai Robot Wars, 1 issue and 12 or 13 mini comics.
A collection of comics about total robot mayhem.

Other strips/contributions I have done:
--Short Fast + Loud Kids (for the zine Short Fast + Loud, it only lasted a few issues but I collected all the strips I had done in issue #2 of Threat N Ink)
--Super Justice Punk Rock Trio, about you guessed it, Punk rock Super Heroes, i did the art, but not the story. (for Mass Movement zine in the UK)
--Illustrated a bunch of lyrics for the inside of two of Love Songs CDs (if you don't know them I HIGHLY suggest you check em out http://www.thelovesongs.com/ )

so what comics are you doing? tell me all about em! and if anyone in the group would like to trade, let me know!

Tags: DIY, comics, minicomix

Views: 55

Replies to This Discussion

The only one I've done so far has been about job hunting (sort of).
I'm hoping to make another soon.
I like making comics based on somewhat personal, yet relatable experiences.

I'm currently working on the challenge of drawing one comic-page per day. It's part of the IZM-challenges, the one with extra credit. I've just finished my 11th page (as it's July the 11th..), and it turned out to be black-and-white one-page stories taken from my life. I'm taking my ideas from real life and though it's not ground braking I end up having quite funny stories or scenes that just came to my head after I remembered one seemingly boring situation I've been in the past few days.
I really love comics from real life, I enjoy reading them the most. Especially if it's based around a D.I.Y.-Punk lifestyle so I can relate to it.
I'm making a zine of those 31 pages that I'll have by the end of this month, and then I'm totally in for trading zines!!!

I am starting to make a diary comic strip and I also make abstract comics.  These can be found at tomsabstractcomics.blogspot.com

Neat I'd love to see your comics.  I am starting a diary comic strip.  I do make abstract comics.  Seen at tomsabstractcomics.blogspot.com

Dascha said:

I'm currently working on the challenge of drawing one comic-page per day. It's part of the IZM-challenges, the one with extra credit. I've just finished my 11th page (as it's July the 11th..), and it turned out to be black-and-white one-page stories taken from my life. I'm taking my ideas from real life and though it's not ground braking I end up having quite funny stories or scenes that just came to my head after I remembered one seemingly boring situation I've been in the past few days.
I really love comics from real life, I enjoy reading them the most. Especially if it's based around a D.I.Y.-Punk lifestyle so I can relate to it.
I'm making a zine of those 31 pages that I'll have by the end of this month, and then I'm totally in for trading zines!!!

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service