We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I didn't make PZS, so I'm starting a new discussion! What zines changed your life?

Like I said in another post, the late great Happy Goat, by Jason Simplot, totally changed my life, and got me "plugged in" to this whole world. So that's up there for me. Go Metric was another old favorite, that I think is still around. When I got to Chicago I discovered War Against the Idiots, Burn Collector, Safety Pin Girl, Loitering is Good, and a ton of others that helped me meet zine friends in real life (as opposed to pen pals, which was all I'd had previously). I'm Johnny and I don't Give a Fuck is great. Oh, there's a great zine out of California called All About Fuckin, which is totally perverted and great. So Midwest is one of the greatest/thickest zines of all time, and anything by Zach Sternwalker is great.

How bout you?

Views: 2913

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You Idiot by Nate Gangelhoff. I have the first two issues and later bought the book. 

One Way Ticket by Julian Evans. I had the first 3 issues but I sold the 3rd issue. I really regret it. 

Remember This Legendary Zine?
COVER: Sid Vicious & Ruby Ray

I don't own this zine and I'm too young to remember when it was originally published, but yes. I see V. Vale at various zine events in the Bay Area and he did a talk about punk zines at the SF Zine Fest once.

The Zine-iac said:

Remember This Legendary Zine?
COVER: Sid Vicious & Ruby Ray

Off the top of my head......    Doris, Semibold, Junk/Food come to mind immediately. Also Brainscan, Xerox Debt.....   there are many others I forget as I am getting back into the world of zines.... cant wait to unearth my zine collection which is stacked away in the basement in sturdy Sunlight, Cheer & Tide boxes....

Last zine I put out : 2008

New zines coming from me in 2014 !!!

I think Kool Man by Sean Tejaratchi is an amazing take on zine culture.Answer Me was amazing- its hard to shock people these days, but they managed. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service