We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I know the sensible place to find zines is in your local comic/alternative book store, but I wondered where is the strangest place you have left zines to get them out into the community?

Coffee bars, clubs, public toilets?

Views: 14

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

bus stops, air planes, schools, library books.
For our first issues we did a handout outside the train station, Degraves Subway near Sticky. We got all dressed up in flight attendant costumes (kinda meant to be train conductor costumes) and yelled out "Short story to " and "Free short story, get your free short story", etc. It was heaps of fun and commuters were totally taken by surprise! Check out photos at www.storyto.wordpress.com.
laundromat
sometimes i leave my zines on the train or at friends houses or on airplanes but it's usually by mistake. i'm just not very organised you see.
I LOVE the idea of zines for commuters, brilliant!

When I read zines on the train to London people look at me like I'm some sort of reveloutionary, which is pretty sexy!
i used to leave zines in the ladies room of various bookstors/restaurants and things. though more often i would leave buttons with my web address on the edge. usually with tips, tucking them in places like coat pockets of community hung racks of clothes, or even slipping a business card or 1 page zine into library books.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service