We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Stolen Sharpie Revolution 2! needs your help...

Sorry if this seems self serving to post about, but I sort of see my project Stolen Sharpie Revolution as a community project and the more info I get from the rad zine community the better it will be!

Stolen Sharpie Revolution is a book I put together as a DIY giude for zines. There have been 3 printings since 2002 and I'm working on the 4th right now. I'm actually calling it Stolen Sharpie Revolution 2 because a lot has changed over the years and I had added a lot of new stuff. The printing has been delayed forever due to a large variety of things... usually money related. But I have the funds together now so here's where I need your help.

In the back of each edition of Stolen Sharpie Revolution I have listings of distros, stores that sell zines, zine libraries, zine events and more. I need you help because I can't really travel all over the world in search of illusive zine events (but that would be awesome!) I need your eyes and ears in the corners of the world to help SSR2 be the best print resource for zines.

I have pretty extensive listings as it is but the more the merrier. I would love it if you would mention shops or distros or whatever in this discussion thread and I'll let you know if they are included. Also, if you have a new distro let me know and I'll let you know the info I need to get it included in SSR2.

Thanks so much for being patient with me!

Views: 35

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Feel free to list my distro, CornDog Publishing. There's an online store on the webshite here - CornDog.co.uk

There's a great zinefest in Mullheim (Germany) - zinefestmh.wordpress.com

Then there's the biggun in London that the Last Hours lot run - http://londonzinesymposium.lasthours.org.uk/
Hi Alex

I think I already told you most of the things I know about through lj - though I don't think I knew about the Manchester Zinefest at the time - www.manchesterzinefest.org.uk, so that's one - but anyway I just wanted to say I definitely don't think you need to be afraid to use the forum to ask for help with SSR, it's a fantastic book and you can ask for as much help as you want wherever you want as far as I'm concerned!
I got the zinefests in Mullheim and Lindon in the listings.

Could you get me your info in this order:
Name of Distro
web address
mailing address
short description

And I'll get it added. thanks!

Andrew Culture said:
Feel free to list my distro, CornDog Publishing. There's an online store on the webshite here - CornDog.co.uk

There's a great zinefest in Mullheim (Germany) - zinefestmh.wordpress.com

Then there's the biggun in London that the Last Hours lot run - http://londonzinesymposium.lasthours.org.uk/
Aw, thanks! I just really don't want to be seen as a leech or like I am mining the zine community, ya know? I like to think that SSR is only as good as the community is reflects so I really appreciate all the input I get from everyone.

I also have the Manchester Zinefest already for the listing.

Wes White said:
Hi Alex

I think I already told you most of the things I know about through lj - though I don't think I knew about the Manchester Zinefest at the time - www.manchesterzinefest.org.uk, so that's one - but anyway I just wanted to say I definitely don't think you need to be afraid to use the forum to ask for help with SSR, it's a fantastic book and you can ask for as much help as you want wherever you want as far as I'm concerned!
Hey Alex... didn't know if you included me yet... but go for it. I should have everything up and running sometime in November. The Richmond Zine Fest was a big hit for me as far as i can tell.

Click Clack Distro
www.clickclackdistro.com
p.o. box 35501 Richmond, VA 23235 USA
Click Clack Distro provides zines to the community from many genres. Though mostly perzine based, Click Clack also aspires to carry zines in the realm of how-to, DIY, alternative health, sustainable living, etc.
You were exactly one of the people I had in mind that I wanted added! Thanks so morefor the info. I'll put in in right now!

NicoleIntrovert said:
Hey Alex... didn't know if you included me yet... but go for it. I should have everything up and running sometime in November. The Richmond Zine Fest was a big hit for me as far as i can tell.

Click Clack Distro
www.clickclackdistro.com
p.o. box 35501 Richmond, VA 23235 USA
Click Clack Distro provides zines to the community from many genres. Though mostly perzine based, Click Clack also aspires to carry zines in the realm of how-to, DIY, alternative health, sustainable living, etc.
a local store where i live (Orlando, Florida) that distributes zines is Park Avenue CDS http://www.parkavecds.com/
i know the first book didnt have many florida shops so there is one :)
Excellent! thank you.

KellyRose-Pulse Zine said:
a local store where i live (Orlando, Florida) that distributes zines is Park Avenue CDS http://www.parkavecds.com/
i know the first book didnt have many florida shops so there is one :)
Bird in the Hand Zine Distro, run out of Sydney, Australia

There are many zine fairs each year but the biggest is held at This is Not Art festival (TiNA) in Newcastle, NSW. First Sunday in October there is a zine fair.
Could you send me an e-mail about it? Actually, I'll send you an e-mail later. I have to get downtown for a meeting right now.

Bird in the Hand said:
Bird in the Hand Zine Distro, run out of Sydney, Australia

There are many zine fairs each year but the biggest is held at This is Not Art festival (TiNA) in Newcastle, NSW. First Sunday in October there is a zine fair.
Are you a distro that distributes other people's zines? That more of what I'm looking for.

The TeaCup Symposium said:
Hello, I cannot wait for this to be out and would love to be involved.

I have a webiste that basically sells zines, prints and other things. The zines are my main thing, would you like to add me so people can access some of my zines?

http://www.teacupsymposium.org
Here are a few things/places in Vancouver, BC Canada that I know of: The Lower Case Reading room in The Regional Assembly of Text is a zine reading room in a shop. The zines in the reading room are not for sale. You can only read them there. The shop does sell a few zines, made by the owners.

Comix and Stories - There is a group that organizes comic book exchanges every few months and once a year (I think) they have a special event that is more focused on creators, so there are lots of local zines and little books available. (I think this is in August)

Word under the street - I have not been to this event, but I understand it is a zine exchange thing that happens annually in conjunction with the Vancouver library "Word on the street" event. (It's in late September)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Xerography Debt / History Zines

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service