We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

After the success of the second issue of Call & Response ("At Home - Not at Home"), I have decided to do another issue with the same theme, but this time around it is going to be a mix of photos and texts.
I want to see your windows - from the inside. And/or I want to see what you see from your window. It can be your home, your workplace, your school... The photo itself should be the starting point for telling a story about your neighborhood; your family; your childhood; the social and political situation in your city; the feelings of joy, frustration, alienation, etc. connected with the place where you live; the idea of home and how much you feel at home - or not at home.
As for the technical details:
Photo: any photo is ok, but keep in mind they will be reproduced in b/w.
Text: max 2 pages written in Times New Roman point 12.
Deadline: Feb. 7, 2009.Please send me your story as a Word.doc file. You can either send me photo and text separately or compose the two into a finished contribution, so I will not have to do any editing.
Of course each contributor will receive a copy of what will probably become Call & Response #4.
Please send all your contribution to this address: jb64jp@yahoo.co.jp

Views: 6

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hey Gianni, I've written something for this, which email address should I send it to?
Andrew Culture said:
hey Gianni, I've written something for this, which email address should I send it to?

The one I listed in my invitation: jb64jp@yahoo.co.jp
Many thanks!
Oh yeah! *slaps own forehead*
Here are some window pictures, not sure if they will work so well in black and white, but I thought you could check them out anyway.

The first one is my first (handmade) toy and a copy I made for a friend. Called Voodoo Susan

The second is the view from my favourite pub in Manly

The third is Voodoo Susan on a trip to Sydney on the train.
Attachments:
Nice pictures, Emma. I'll take #2 or #3. Image-wise, I especally like the pub window, but I love trains and travelling too so it's up to you. Of course it also depends on what story you are going to attach to those pics. The photo itself should only be a pretext to tell a story about yourself and/or the place and/or that particular moment. You can make it as personal or political as you want. As happy or sad as you feel inclined. The possibilities are endless. Thank you for contributing. I look forward to your story.
You got it ;)

Thank goodness we have a while to write it, I have about two months to get my (very) small business off the ground. so I'm kind of snowed under. Will definitely get it to you asap though, otherwise I'll forget and then I would feel awful.

Gianni Simone said:
Nice pictures, Emma. I'll take #2 or #3. Image-wise, I especally like the pub window, but I love trains and travelling too so it's up to you. Of course it also depends on what story you are going to attach to those pics. The photo itself should only be a pretext to tell a story about yourself and/or the place and/or that particular moment. You can make it as personal or political as you want. As happy or sad as you feel inclined. The possibilities are endless. Thank you for contributing. I look forward to your story.
Wow, those photos are a real reminder of just how different the world is for each of us!
That's what makes these projects so interesting: You start with a particular image in mind, and suddenly you get completely different ideas from people who approach the same theme in their own way.
Hi

Nice idea, I like this ! I will contact you by e-mail soon
Ciao

Fred

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service