We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

so this is kind of off topic from zines but my roommate is visiting phoenix in december. she was wondering if there are any cool places to check out? zine shops/libraries, venues, bars/clubs, theaters, etc.? she's having trouble looking stuff up and is gonna be there for two weeks visiting family, thus will be in need of stuff to do. any of you radical zinesters from around there/know the area well? or know any events happening around december 13th-30th? thanks!

Views: 2

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was just in Phoenix in October, visiting my sis and her family. I didn't find any place to buy zines. Before I left, I posted a message here asking about zinesters in Phoenix and didn't get a single response.

The main public library is amazing! Something like 5 stories, glass elevators, art gallery, used book bookstore, so beautiful and cool. She should be able to find the hours and address by doing an internet search for Phoenix public library.

If she goes to Tempe, she should check out Changing Hands bookstore. It is independent and has used and new books and lots of other cool stuff. There is an area in the back of the store with sale stuff and a bulletin board and stacks of free publications with lots of listings. Again, check the internet for hours and address.

The art museum downtown is really cool and it's free to get in one night a week. That information should be on their website or there should be a phone number she should call.

There's a puppet troupe in town that sometimes has adult themed puppet show (like with curse words, not with puppet sex, I don't think). Sometimes they even have puppet slams. I don't have the name to that one. I'll try to find out from my sis.

Two Saturdays a month, all the Goodwill stores in the whole valley have half price day, where everything in the store is 50% off. She should be there for at least one of the half price days if she will be there two weeks. And before Christmas, things may be half price every Saturday. She should find the website for Goodwill in Phoenix.

Several years ago, there was an anarchist library in Phoenix, but I don't know if it's still there. I didn't try to check it out last time I was in town.

I'll ask my sis if she knows anything else happening there.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service