We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I have no business playing music, but I do. You can find some of my stuff on (here it comes) myspace, if you wanna look it up. Type in:

Quackhammer (That's just me)
Rong (me-n-my Chicago pals, mostly)
Fight Suit (me and my pal Nathan)
Whistling Jesus (me and the aforementioned Nathan, plus Mike)

How 'bout you guys?

Views: 35

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Andrew Culture said:
Bloody hell, a member of heroic doses, the world really has shrunk! I'm mates with Chris, who I believe went out with someone in your band!

Ha ha! Yeah I know Chris really well originally from when he was in the King Blues but now I think he's planning a band with another ex Heroic Doses member (Ryan) we get everywhere!
Toby said:
Andrew Culture said:
Bloody hell, a member of heroic doses, the world really has shrunk! I'm mates with Chris, who I believe went out with someone in your band!

Ha ha! Yeah I know Chris really well originally from when he was in the King Blues but now I think he's planning a band with another ex Heroic Doses member (Ryan) we get everywhere!

Cool! Well I look forward to being sent something to review :)
Haha! That's right! I also help to perpetrate a cacodaemonic cacophony in Alex Wrekk's basement with her fella. However, there is, as yet, no way for you to check it out. Perhaps that's for the best...

Alex Wrekk said:
Hey Androo! You forgot to mention the noise you make in my basement with Paul!

I was in a terrible band called Cory Haim Suicide Pact... or CHSP back in 2000 or so. We were bad, but it was fun. The latest thing I did was get drunk enough for my partner Paul to get me to sing and record back up vocals on one of his songs for our split zine. He has written the music and I an working on writing the zine. Here's a link to his MySpace page in case you wanna hear me try to sing. I sing on the very last song.
I am no longer in bands or playing music (though I think about maybe playing again every once in awhile)
I was in two bands while I lived in the Pittsburgh, PA area.
Chaos Brigade (badly recorded two fingers in the air chaos punk)
http://www.myspace.com/chaosbrigadeindhc
and
Warpath Pittsburgh Queercore
http://www.myspace.com/warpathqcpgh
both bands are RIP but have myspace pages for those who still want to enjoy the music.
i do as well. am currently fronting Just Add Monsters (www.myspace.com/justaddmonsters) and was for years playing guitar in Second In Line (www.secondinline.co.uk and www.myspace.com/secondinline)
i play music, through my record player....

i certainly have no business playing music - i can't even keep a beat when a whole room is clapping along to a song. i usually ruin the clap or put the musician off their beat.
i do, but only in my own living room so no one else has to witness it
I have an accordion which my roommate plays. I can't figure out the first thing about it. It's always staring at me, like LEARN ME, LEARN ME!, but my fingers are just too clumsy.
I do. I'm known as a musician, artist, and writer. I've composed over 1400 songs/compositions and I sing in the worlds first and only Theater Box Office Concerts.
Also my latest issue of Musea is one that features a very special list of the best 100 plus of new music gathered from every corner of the world. The best from youtube and myspace list, spotlights for perhaps the first time the best music worldwide. It's the computer sites like these two that let us hear so much world music for the first time. My list celebrates some of the very very best.

Musea's Worldwide Favorite Music LIST
"100 Plus Favorite Music from Youtube and Myspace"
http://musea.wordpress.com/2008/12/10/100-plus-best-music-from-yout...

In a world of misses, here are 100 hits! Help me celebrate these great musicians!

Dallas home of the art and media revolution including Post-Bands music, the music so simple no one understands it, so radical no media dare talk about it, so fun everyone dances to it.

Check out my music too. It 's back to basics style breaks all the rules!!! Also I'm noted for my songwriting.
By the way. To salute ZINE WORLD, the zine review zine that I've been reviewing since it began with Doug Holland I wrote and performed this song called Zine World. ZW lovers check it out. I play in a back-to-basics style, called Post-Bands music, that is very very simple, with emphasis on great songs, good melody and strong beat.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JVW-lz-dqE&feature=channel_page
Our Band is tribute band "Spread the Meat" or sometimes "Spread the Meant in Little Rock"
uhm... i kinda play the cello and i KINDA play the guitar. but im mediocre with both. ha! come to think about it, im almost always mediocre at everything. it's sad, really

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service