We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

In order to familiarize myslf with more of you quicker and hopefully become more social/active on here.I thought I would ask you what zine(s) do you produce and what kind of zine is it.

Views: 110

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My main zine is Brainscan. I have been creating it since 1997. I guess it falls into the perzine category but with 11 years and 23 issues in print it has changed as much as I have over time. I have written about travel, moving, heart ache, social observations, getting an IUD (Intrauterine device as a form of birth control) getting out of an emotionally abusive relationship and challenging others to examine the way they use power in all situations, planning and organizing the Portland Zine Symposium, going on zine tours, volunteering a the Rock and Roll camp for girls, examining the world of zines and pen pals, working in a coffee shop, working in an arcade, and other stuff that I seem to be involved with. Basiclaly, I tell stories.

I also wrote the book Stolen Sharpie Revolution: A DIY zine guide. Stolen Sharpie Revolution is not a manual on how to do zines, it is a collection of ideas for you to have a jumping off point to do it yourself. The first printing was in 2002 and there have been 3 printings. I'm working on the 4th and have just managed to pull together funds that I didn't expect. The New version is actually Stolen Sharpie Revolution 2: A DIY guide to zines and zine culture. I'm excited that I may be able to have it out by the holidays! I have added a lot of stuff to the old version, especially stuff about zine culture and zines fairs. I'm sort of glad that I wasn't able to reprint it before this site came out because I'm excited to be able to include it!

In the past these are some of the other zines I have done: Fun in Bucket (5 issue), I'm A Wrekk (2), Curious Constellation (1), Fire Apparatus (1), Is it July Yet?(1), Crickets as a Metraphor (1), Crossing the Rubicon (1), Birthdays&Christimas (1), Timezones&Statelines (1), layout Cut & Paste Style (1), Mysteries of the Photocopier(1), a couple of the programs for the Portland zine symposium, and probably some others that I am missing. I guess I have done somewhere around 40 zines in 14 years.
I make zines under the moniker LOVE BUNNI PRESS.
basically, I fund projects and zines of friends and other folks.
Lately I helped Elizabeth J M W print up 398.10
and worked with Mashanda to print her mini-comic GUYS I WOULD TOTALLY DATE.

My own zines have been various. Lately I have been working on an interview issue of UNCERTAIN NERVOUS SYSTEMS.
But who knows when and if it will ever come out.

To see all the junk I've printed up go to http://www.lovebunnipress.com/gloo/gloo.html
A minicomic series called "Cryptozoa", all of which have since been bound up into a single volume by my friends at Seven Ten Bishop publishing. They're poets over there, and this was their first time publishing a comic, and I'm proud to be associated with 'em. For years and years before that I did a variety of minis, under the banner "Ped Xing Comics". Also contributed to various review zines and compilations, you know, the way you do.
Andrew Culture said:
Emma Jane Falconer said:
talk proper, innit, you mean Andrew. Don't go dropping your innits, people will think you are frightfully common.

Reminds of one of my favourite album titles 'Fold your arms boy, you walk like a peasant'
Wasn't it actually, "Fold Your Arms CHILD, You Walk Like a Peasant"? Not to be a stickler...
Androo Robinson said:
Andrew Culture said:
Emma Jane Falconer said:
talk proper, innit, you mean Andrew. Don't go dropping your innits, people will think you are frightfully common.

Reminds of one of my favourite album titles 'Fold your arms boy, you walk like a peasant'
OH! Almost forgot! I also do the zine Secret Mystery Love Shoes with Maria Goodman.
I write The New Wave of Cut & Paste zine, I'm crap at describing stuff I'm involved in but I guess it's a standard mix of interviews, reviews and rants told via Clip Art characters. I'm upto issue 5 now and issue 6 is on the cards for release before the end of the year. I also write In My Head a zine centred around the de-stigmitisation of Mental Health and my experiences of working on a mental health team in the NHS. Issue one of this took the best part of two years and work on issue 2 is underway with a release date of somepoint in 2009 all I know so far is that it will have some form of information CD with it and a general self help booklet included. I sometimes help out with Dance Like No One's Watching zine when they need a hand and used to do a zine called Tappin' Foot.
I make a perzine with poems called Erik and Laura-Marie Magazine. It's on issue 44. I also make a mental health zine called functionally ill: adventures with mental health. It's on issue 4. Some on-offs I've done include ordinary morning and My Penpals. I live in Sacramento, California, and my zines are all available through trade. Well, a lot of them are out of print. I mean that all of them that are available are trade-able. Feel free to get in touch.
Probably was, I can't stand the band. I saw Belle and Sebastian at a festival and it was like watching those nervous kids that play at open mic nights.

Androo Robinson said:
Wasn't it actually, "Fold Your Arms CHILD, You Walk Like a Peasant"? Not to be a stickler...
Androo Robinson said:
Andrew Culture said:
Emma Jane Falconer said:

Hey, I just started a discussion thingy about zine people who play in bands. Hope to see you over there!

Andrew Culture said:
Probably was, I can't stand the band. I saw Belle and Sebastian at a festival and it was like watching those nervous kids that play at open mic nights.

Androo Robinson said:
Androo Robinson said:
Andrew Culture said:
Emma Jane Falconer said:

To be even more of a stickler, wasn't it "Fold your hands child you walk like a peasant"?

Aside from that, my name is Kathee and I have a perzine called "A Million Birthdays." I haven't put an issue out in about two years, but just finished laying out two new issues (#8 and 9) and hope to have them copied sometime soon.

Other zine projects: I put together a comp zine on mix tapes awhile back, contributed regularly to Ladyfriend, and used to run a distro called Sew True.

Andrew Culture said:

Androo Robinson said:
Androo Robinson said:
Andrew Culture said:
Emma Jane Falconer said:

I make Cerveauxxx, which is a zombie compilation zine and An Undead Persona is my personal zine. I used to make zerospace, you're insane honey, i know you're out there and various other one shot zines.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service