We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

In order to familiarize myslf with more of you quicker and hopefully become more social/active on here.I thought I would ask you what zine(s) do you produce and what kind of zine is it.

Views: 89

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I make a zine called List. It's autobiographical, diary style zine written entirely in Lists. Each list also has an illustration to go with it.
I'm working on my first, called The Macrocosm. I haven't printed it yet, though.
mélange is a perzine. :) there's a mélange 2 in the works now which is perziney, but with informative bits too. i really like to read stuff that's informative, but that i can still relate to - so having a crack at doing that myself.

marbles isn't all that personal; just a collection of creativity tricks that have helped me in the past - thought maybe it could help other people out too. :) this one's a mini zine. :)
I currently have three zines on the go:

Beautiful Mess is a perzine that goes all over the place, but it's mostly just my photography and thoughts and musings about how to deal with life. The most recent issue talks about moving, going to Burning Man, my snake, the beauty industry, and various other stuff, including an obituary for my friend's snail.

Sleeps With Ghosts is another perzine, but this one deals with sex and all things related to it. Relationships, body issues, and sex-related trauama, etc.

ZINE is a simple DIY for making zines I put together when I was doing zine-making workshops for kids.

Past zines have been: Graceful Suicide and Portrait of a Fallen Star
The name of my zine is Little Grrrl Lost & Found...it is filled with my own poetry and centers around feminist topics, domestic violence, relationships, music...really whatever my heart fancies at the time I sit down to create!
I'm Bethany. My zine is Glass Head. I write it so people can see what I'm thinking. I'm usually thinking about a short story, interesting artist facts, art tips. I'm working on issue 10. It is a monthly but I'm thinking of changing that to bimonthly. I want to start fresh and make every issue a piece of art.
That sounds cool, Bethany.

I'm just starting up ISO 1600. (It's a camera reference.) Currently i"m doing a quarter-sized zine called "Warning: Life is stranger than it appears". It's an account of a few weird or unusual things that have happened to me. (E.g. having the Naval Academy Mens Glee Club come to our school.)
I didn't mean bimonthly. I meant every other month. Ooops.

Bethany Myers said:
I'm Bethany. My zine is Glass Head. I write it so people can see what I'm thinking. I'm usually thinking about a short story, interesting artist facts, art tips. I'm working on issue 10. It is a monthly but I'm thinking of changing that to bimonthly. I want to start fresh and make every issue a piece of art.
I know what you meant.
My name is Hadass.
I write two zines:

1. Fallopian Falafel: It is about riot grrrl and feminism in Israel, and also about riot grrrl in general. It's a compilation zine so it has a lot of submissions from awesome ladies in Israel and from around the world as well.
http://fallopianfalafel.blogspot.com

2. The Purple Myrtle Squeegy - A PMS Perzine: It's a new perzine I just started about nonesense and things that only I may understand, which is also why I don't really publicize it that much. It started as an attempt to quench my thirst for craft and sticky fingers. But anyone who is interested can have a copy :-)
http://hadassegol.blogspot.com

I am totally up for trades!!!!! Contact me please :-)

Hey
Currently I am in the process of creating a couple of different zines. These include:
Accidental Romantics: a mini zine collection of things that I think are cute
Internal Monologues: A perzine collection of thoughts, experiences, stories etc
How to Do Stuff: Like the title says
Stolen Questions : Like the title says.
and a couple of mini comics and stories.
Ambitious, yes. But after my music exam, I'm going on a zine making spree for two weeks :) I'm always up for trades. Hit me up thru my inbox or email me at house-of-spades (at) hotmail.com (It's my zine distro I'm setting up :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service