We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

has anyone made a pdf drop-in imposition that would do 4-up back/front 8.5x11 pages?

just wondering

also, are you all old-school cut'n'paster & photocopy or are you all graphic designers using quark/indesign? thanks

Views: 3

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm neither. I am an artist, so I scan in my work and then digitally alter it... Actually, I think that makes me both haha.
I write in my notebook, edit in word, then retype words on a typewriter and do the rest of the zine cut and paste with the aid of a photocopier for layout.
I'm right in the middle with Brainspew. But I'm bringing out another zine soley cut and paste.
Sometimes I use the computer just for text but I recently acquired a typewriter so most of my zines are cut and paste!
I usually copy stuff from my notebook into a word processing document. Though recently, I've been kind of into handwriting at least part of my zine. I used a typewriter for bits of #7, too, though.
well i just went to an indesign conference and i know how to do it now. i also researched and some guy on crimethinc. helped me big-time. shameful plug :P but he deservs it
yea i'm all about the cut'n'paste. i occasionally use the computer to type up some stuff but more often use my typewriter or handwrite it. i also sometimes print graphics off the comp but not so often.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service