We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

So the story starts here..I was looking through some photos of my town taken at night. I was amazed by how great the place looks especially considering how it look during daylight hours.
This got me to thinking, I would like to collect images of other peoples towns by night, maybe a view from a rooftop, the parts of a town most people dont see, basically your town by night. Along with maybe a story, description or poem about that place(around 100 words).

I want to publish this in black and white photos(dont worry if yours are colour), everyone who contributes will get an issue of the zine and a chance to see a bunch of all other places by night.

If your interested then mail me at brainspew@hotmail.co.uk of drop me a line on my profile.

Views: 14

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

no problems at all. i'm shocked by the interest in this.

i'm interested in this windows project
For everyone who was interested in this and contributed it is happening..but it is more likely to be in the summer '09. I'm still looking for contributions for anyone who missed this thread
I have some great shots I should dig up for you! Now I just have to find them on my many, many discs of photos...
omg, I already have some! I went on a midnight walk with a friend and I took some eerie photos. I will send some soon! (probably tonight..)
Thanks tina, this will be sitting a shelf for a while....but will happen.
Oh dear, I told you I would do this and then never have. Is it too late? Hope my flakiness didn't put you in a bad spot.
Not one bit, I've had to shelf this until the summer when I have money to print this high quality.

Chantel G. said:
Oh dear, I told you I would do this and then never have. Is it too late? Hope my flakiness didn't put you in a bad spot.
oooo this sounds interesting!

when do you think the deadline will be... just i would love to contribute!?

Emma x

ps the picture of ipswich docks brings back so many good memories of sailing a tallship and docking up in ipswich! :D
I'm doing photos of preston for a friends band if you'd like those? (if you still need them even) They're meant to be grim as that's what my friend wanted but while I'm taking those I could do more of Preston. I've only just started doing photography so they might be a little poor but I'll do my best!
I'll take some pictures during next week (in Trondheim, Norway), so I can send you some next weekend if you like.
Hey Lee

I was going to forward this on to a couple of photographers and then I saw your line about black and white/colour and wasn't sure what you meant. When you say "don't worry if yours are in colour"; do you mean "don't worry about sending them to me if they're in colour, I only want black and white" - or "don't worry, I'll still take colour ones"?

I was also wondering, is your final reproduction going to be done on a photocopier? As this can often really harm the appearance of photographs. The same thing with reproducing colour images in black and white in general.

I like the basic idea but just want to be clear about what you're doing before I tell anyone else.
Wes White said:
Hey Lee

I was going to forward this on to a couple of photographers and then I saw your line about black and white/colour and wasn't sure what you meant. When you say "don't worry if yours are in colour"; do you mean "don't worry about sending them to me if they're in colour, I only want black and white" - or "don't worry, I'll still take colour ones"?

I was also wondering, is your final reproduction going to be done on a photocopier? As this can often really harm the appearance of photographs. The same thing with reproducing colour images in black and white in general.

I like the basic idea but just want to be clear about what you're doing before I tell anyone else.

I'm never very clear with what I mean...what I should have said is..I will be printing a few colour photos but the main of the zine will be black and white. As for the printing, photocopying the zine, no I wont be..These will sent away to a pro printers...that why I have had to put this zine off until the summer so I can save back some funds. If your still interested then it would be great to see what you've got.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Xerography Debt / History Zines

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service