We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

Has anyone been to the Richmond Zine Fest? It sounds great and positive but can you tell me a little about it from a selling, amount of people point of view? I'm thinking about going but it seems like a long haul.

Views: 13

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Last year was our first year holding the Richmond Zine Fest. We had approximately 45 tablers and about 250 to 300 attendees. I can really only give you an organizer's perspective. :)

I can tell you that we had a ton of fun and have gotten a lot of positive feedback.
I went last year and I had a good time. I met some of my penpals and then I rented a car and drove up the coast... which I wish I had done this year because it seems like there is a zine fest every weekend on the east coast this fall!
Wow, yeah. Thanks. I need to be there. I just sent in the form.
Alex, what are the other East Coast zine shows coming up that are your favorites?
I have only been to Richmond and Boston and the Boston one was years ago. I'd love to go to the Philly one and also Canzine seems awesome.

Dylan Williams said:
Wow, yeah. Thanks. I need to be there. I just sent in the form.
Alex, what are the other East Coast zine shows coming up that are your favorites?
I'm thinking about signing up for both the Philly and Richmond zine fests and making an adventure out of the trip.
I'd like to make and adventure out of it...but I had plan before I knew. My sister and I are driving my late grandmother's car up from Texas in mid October. Why can't the Denver Zine Fest be now!
I'll be at RZF! It will be my first fest. Last year's sounded awesome and I know people (well one person) in Richmond so I won't feel totally stranded. If this works out I'm going to try to make it to more of the East Coast fests though I'm still not giving up on the idea of there being something more local to me.
i went to the first one and it was great. friends/people i know organized it and i loved it.

i didn't actually sell anything, just went to see people, but it seemed like people were pretty happy and there were a lot of people around checking it out and in workshops and stuff.

i don't know how far away you are coming from, but you should really check it out. they are definitely looking to grow this year.
i wish i could attend all the east coast fests this year!

ive been to/tabled at toronto's canzine a number of times and have always had a great time / done well. i wish halifax's canzine wasnt the same weekend so i could go to both.
i sold at the rva zinefest last year, and will table this year. last year i made out like a bandit with a total of 145 bucks. i was very surprised. there were so many great people there and hoping this one is just as successful.
Holy crap girl... i didn't know you made out like that! Nice! I only have the perspective of running the Zine Fest info/donation/fundraising table... which made out nicely too with many generous people who gave donations since it was a free event. We were able to give donations to the two locations who accomodated us since the space was free.

Heidi said:
i sold at the rva zinefest last year, and will table this year. last year i made out like a bandit with a total of 145 bucks. i was very surprised. there were so many great people there and hoping this one is just as successful.
so psyched for this!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service