We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

What are the title page guidelines for zines?

Are there any? I have pretty much finished my book art zine... given that it is to sell on Sunday it is only my artworks featured, but I'm worried about the title page. I Don't think that I want to have any text on the front cover, can I publish like that? Or does it not look professional enough?

Views: 4

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oops - have I left it too late to check with Kate about the photo? Sorry!

I'd suggest if you don't want text on the front cover, don't put it on. Of all things, a zine about book art should do whatever it wants with its front cover!
Do what you want Emma!
No, no way don't be sorry, I'd leave weeks for asking that sort of thing, they take time. I had a deadline of this sunday so I thought that the first issue would just be stuff that I had the rights for ;)

This is the cover I went with, but as I have only printed one copy so far (ran out of card stock) it's never too late, so feedback would be mucho appreciado.

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=15770284

Wes White said:
Oops - have I left it too late to check with Kate about the photo? Sorry!

I'd suggest if you don't want text on the front cover, don't put it on. Of all things, a zine about book art should do whatever it wants with its front cover!

W3rd :P
I tried to incorporate the text into the illustration so it has a title, but hopefully it's not too glaring. Still not sure about the font though.

r/r said:
What's cool about zines and their guidelines, is that their isn't any. Do what thou will.....
Hehe fangs very much, I usually do ;)

Bird in the Hand said:
Do what you want Emma!
For the intro page I guess it's traditional to make excuses for how late that particular issue is out!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Anatomic Air Press

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service