We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I've been trading with Sticky Distro in Oz for some time now (I'm in the UK) and I've always been amazed by the high standard (and highly individual) zines that are sent back to me in trades.

However, this isn't meant to be an advert for sticky (as cool as they are) but more a discussion on Australian zines! My absolute favourite has to be 'Foffle', it's sort of music based, but covering bands that *shock* aren't punk! It's sense of humour is great and really down to earth. One of the many really odd zines I've been sent was 'Cute Baby Christian Monkeys, not at all diseased', which was quite frankly the oddest thing I've ever seen!

So what Oz zines are you a fan of?

Views: 451

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The exhibition at a gallery in the western suburbs was probably The Zine Factory, at the Penrith Regional Gallery in Emu Plains? It had a group show, as well as solo shows by me and Leigh Rigozzi, who makes really beautiful man comics.

lofipi said:
I used to read Aussie zines (Lemon is the only one springing to mind, sadly), and I went to the book launch of Vanessa Berry's Strawberry Hills Forever, and I went to a wonderful exhibition in a gallery in Sydney's western suburbs some time ago, but I'm out of the loop and find myself reading a lot of American stuff. I'm reading this keenly and hoping to tap into Aussie stuff again. Only just found out about the You/Westside Angst launch at a zine fair (?) on the October long weekend in Newcastle - that starts tomorrow! Can I make it? I don't know if I can do it... Aiya!

PS: Any Sydney shops selling a lot of and/or recent zines, or Sydney zine fairs coming up? Yes, I'm that far out of the loop.
My favourite zines at the moment include: Cane Toad Warrior by Luke Bartolo, Various zines by Louise<3<3 especially ones from high school(omg the last issue of xyz is AMAZING), Groin Pandas by Peter Kozak and various zines by Daniel Herbourne(I think that's right).

Oops, also from the 90s Sure Zine by Kane Sure, Spammy by Sunny and Lee, Quickdraw by John Weeks. Argh, heaps more!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Xerography Debt / History Zines

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service