We Make Zines

a place for zinesters - writers and readers

I've just got a new issue of my zine, Attack!!!!, ready for posting - details later tonight, contain your excitement for a few hours! - and every time I get a new issue ready to go I always find myself thinking "wow, wouldn't it be handy to have an up-to-date list of people who review or cover zines to send copies off to"... so let's start one.

I'll do my best to edit this top post to keep it up to date, but I know even if I'm typing that I am most likely dooming myself to failure by saying that, but... I promise to at least try. For a bit.

Okay so first off here are some places I already intend to send mine to:

UK-based review-zines

Fanzine Fanatique
Keith and Rosemary Walker
6 Vine Street
Lancaster
LA1 4UF
UK

US-based review-zines

Zine World
*read their guidelines first*:
http://www.undergroundpress.org/send-us-your-zine/
PO Box 330156
Murfreesboro
TN 37133-0156
USA

Canada-based review-zines

Broken Pencil
*read their guidelines*:
http://www.brokenpencil.com/about/submit.php
PO Box 203
Station P
Toronto
Ontario
M5S 2S7
CANADA

... er... that's everything I can remember off the top of my head, I've got more contacts at home so I'll try and post them up here later when I come back and tell you all about Attack!!!! 10!

Also distro's who want samples could go on this list - let us know if you are one and want to be on here. Oh and zine libraries!

Obviously all us tossers should always send crap to "suck til i sag" zine as outlined in another thread.

Views: 63

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Wes White said:
rhagfyr said:
is fanzine fanatique still going? anyone know were i can get a copy? last hours reviews loads of stuff too

Good question, I haven't heard from them in ages. I haven't seen that they've stopped though, assume they're just busy...

Fanzine Fanatique is alive and kicking. The Walkers' address is:
Keith & Rosemary Walker, 6 Vine St., Greaves, Lancaster, LA1 4UF, England.
fanzinefanatique@aol.com

They usually trade F.F. with people who send their zine for review. But I guess you can send some money as well, or even a nice letter. The Walkers are old school.
I found this info at http://www.undergroundpress.org/zine-resources/other-zine-review-zines/ by the way.

I have a question too. What is Last Hours?
Hello! We've just picked up a zine reviewer for our website www.storyto.wordpress.com. Her name is Estelle Tang and she's really keen to help spread the word about other's zines! She'll review any style. Send a copy to:

Estelle Tang
36 Mullens Road
Vermont South Vic 3133
Australia

Or email her: estelle.tang@gmail.com
I generally don't believe in the idea of review zines. They seem to contradiction the notion of zine publishing as being a "do whatever you want" field. For example, there's a certain review zine that I know of that only gives good reviews to a VERY NARROW RANGE of zines. Only perzines, music zines and punk zines are valued by the review zine in question -- and even then not all the time.
surely its not contradicting then, they're doing what they want in reviewing the type of zines that interests them?

Yul Tolbert said:
I generally don't believe in the idea of review zines. They seem to contradiction the notion of zine publishing as being a "do whatever you want" field. For example, there's a certain review zine that I know of that only gives good reviews to a VERY NARROW RANGE of zines. Only perzines, music zines and punk zines are valued by the review zine in question -- and even then not all the time.
Being reviewed in Zine World is easy: Send us your zine, and we'll review it. We want to review all kinds of zines and self-published print media. Our mailing address: PO Box 330156, Murfreesboro TN 37133-0156. (Find more info on our website.)

We want to represent the whole world of zines, but we know that postage is expensive. So if you live outside of the Americas, we encourage you to send your zine directly to one of our reviewers.

Live in Europe? Mail your zine to: Steve, 158 Monks Dale, Yeovil, Somerset, England BA21 3HS, UK

Live in Australia, New Zealand, Japan, the Philippians, or thereabouts? Mail your zine to Dann, PO Box A1412, Sydney South NSW, 1235, Australia

Other ways to be involved:
* Submit an ad. We have cheap display ads and free classified ads.
* Volunteer. We are always looking for new writers, reviewers, artists, proofreaders, researchers, etc.
* Share info. We hope you'll share info and opinions about zine distros, other zine review sources, zine libraries & infoshops, and other zine topics.

If you have info to share, questions, etc., email jerianne@undergroundpress.org.
Yul Tolbert said:

I think your post about having a hard time selling/finding an audience for your zine makes more sense now if you don't send it out for review. Seems like you are limiting your audience based on your opinion of one review zine and applying it to them all. Try Zine World or MRR, they are both pretty much open to everything.
I agree with Dan, Yul should check out Zine World : )

Dan 10things said:
Yul Tolbert said:

I think your post about having a hard time selling/finding an audience for your zine makes more sense now if you don't send it out for review. Seems like you are limiting your audience based on your opinion of one review zine and applying it to them all. Try Zine World or MRR, they are both pretty much open to everything.
Poopsheet reviews comics zines only:

www.poopsheetfoundation.com
Gianni Simone said:BR>
I have a question too. What is Last Hours? uk punk/diy culture meta webzine turned zine turned webzine, theres a new zine review section by kathleen http://www.lasthours.org.uk/

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Want to advertise here?

Ist preference given to distros and zines. Rates and details are here. Limited space. Very Low Cost!

Please Support Our Sponsors

Sweet Candy Distro

Con Artist Collective

Ker-bloom! Letterpress Zine

© 2014   Created by Krissy PonyBoy Press.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service